Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old cpu's

Options
  • 28-01-2007 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

so. does anyone know of anywhere that sells old cpu's? apart from adverts of course!

i'm looking for an athlon xp 3000+ but can't find anywhere that stocks them. it's a pain in the bunghole. there are one or two on ebay but i don't really fancy my chances there...

cheers,
    pinky.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dont think anywhere stocks them old cpus these days. I sold my 3000+ about 2 months ago to strat for 40€, So atleast you have a guide price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I personally wouldnt pay more than €40, looking on ebay your talking €50-60 incl postage. If you look on adverts.ie you will prob pick up a AMD64 CPU & Motherboardfor €80-100 , that would really increase the performance.....

I sold my AMD64 3000+ for €40 2weeks ago, have seen simular prices on adverts. There really is a nice different between Socket A and the AMD64, worth thinking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Damn, I recently brought a bunch of old parts that had been gathering dust down to the recycling place in Pigeon House Road, Ringsend. Maybe if you went down and talked nicely to them you could buy a couple for a tenner or so - they must get hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Ive got a 3500+ skt 939 if your interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

hmmm. an old recycling place eh... i'd say that might be a goldmine for old parts.
    i've considered upgrading to an amd 64, but i'll be using the computer for recording and production so an old xp would do the trick for the meantime.

i have a kt3 ultra 2 mainboard which can run up to an xp 3000+ , but at the moment alls i have on it is a pithy athlon 1200. i'd kinda like to breath new life into it!

youcancallme>al, do you have a motherboard too? i might be interested if that was the case.

cheers,
    pinky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Nope sorry just the processor. Its yours for €40 if ya want it?

hmmm. i'll have a look around and see if i come across a mainboard that would support it and i'll get back to you asap.

cheers.
    pinky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

40€ for that cpu is a bargin. If you dont snap it up i will.

i know i know! i'm just trying to find a compatible motherboard. looking around a few sites. found a good one on a german site but unfortunately i can't make out if they deliver to ireland or not.

anyone know? here is the motherboard and site link. anyone dealt with them before? http://www3.avitos.com/shop/info.asp?product_group=1525&service_group=&product_code=20047016&search_mode=&search_group=&search_str=&fct=&sid=&retpage=%2Fshop%2Finfo%2Easp&from=&cnet_catid=&avalibility=&cnetview=1#cnet_Technische+Details

cheers,
    pinky.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I may have a DFI lanparty S939 board for sale soon, just a warning, its not the most user friendly board in the world...

I will have an Athlon 64 3700 and a gig of Crucial Ballistix memory for sale as well

• Advertisement

cheers, but i'm not looking to build that high a spec machine. i won't be doing any gaming or anything graphics intensive at all really. just using nuendo for production etc.

nice one though.

pinky.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Well, i will be selling very cheap, its hard of get rid of this "ancient" S939 stuff beleive it or not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

conzymaher wrote:
    Well, i will be selling very cheap, its hard of get rid of this "ancient" S939 stuff beleive it or not :p

I'm curious if your definition of very cheap is the same as mine? :D

ok.well gimme a shout when you are selling and i'll make an offer!!

cheers,
    pinky.

Advertisement