Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

should i be scared?

• 28-01-2007 3:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

right, not used to posting here so sorry if this is the rong place, but anyways, me and my girlfriend had protected sex using a condom about 2 weeks ago, maby three, and after when i checked to make sure there was no holes in it, i thought there was, but on further inspection, realized there wasnt. the night after she got her period. thankfully i was relieved because even though there was no holes, the scare that there was one had me on edge a bit. now she says shes been feeling sick the last 3 days and lost her appetite. my question is, because her period was so close after we had sex, lets just say it had broke, could she still be pregnant or is that just a silly idea,. if so could these signs be morning sickness or anything like that? any help would be nice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

It is possible she could be pregnant but unlikly. If its only been three weeks, it couldnt be morning sickness already, in anycase though i would advise she takes a pregnancy test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yes pregnancy test is the way forward.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

But the condom didn't break.

You looked for holes and didn't find any. She got her period. OP, you're just torturing yourself. She's probably just got a bug that's making her feel ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Faith wrote:
    But the condom didn't break.

You looked for holes and didn't find any. She got her period. OP, you're just torturing yourself. She's probably just got a bug that's making her feel ill.

Just because he couldn't see the hole ( in the condom ) dosn't mean there wasn't any.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Anti wrote:
    Just because he couldn't see the hole ( in the condom ) dosn't mean there wasn't any.

So, everytime people have sex and use a condom and don't see any holes in it, they should still panic and assume the worst? FFS, nobody would ever have sex in that case.

Like I said in my first post: The condom didn't break, there were no visible holes (and I'm assuming the OP checked carefully, given his level of concern) and his girlfriend got her period a couple of days after. He's now freaking out because she feels a bit poorly and you're encouraging him.

Do you tell your girlfriend to take a pregnancy test every time you have sex? Perhaps the OPs girlfriend should take one to put his mind as rest, but the chances of her being pregnant are VERY slim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Faith wrote:
    Like I said in my first post: The condom didn't break, there were no visible holes (and I'm assuming the OP checked carefully, given his level of concern) and his girlfriend got her period a couple of days after.

She could still be pregnant even after having a period. It's a longshot but still possible.

OP: Don't worry. But do ask her to do a pregnancy test and put an end to the torment in your head.

Why did you think there was a hole in the condom if you couldn't see any? or did you?

either way, you should be fine given that she had a period soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'
    kraggy wrote:
    Why did you think there was a hole in the condom if you couldn't see any? or did you?

no when i was looking at it first, i thought i did, but then looked closely, now i mean i could practically see my fingerprints on it i was looking that close at it, and realized there wasn't.

k, it probably is just me torturing my head, but will get a pregnancy test done.

thanks all!'

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

just do a test....she could be pregnant but the chances are slim if you used protection that didn't appear to be faulty. As for getting her period the next night being pregnant would be unlikely to effect that seeing as seaman can last 72 hours inside the womans body

just do a test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Anti wrote:

In my experience's of having this happen to me i always find that if there is a hole, it always turns into a hole that couldnt be missed. Ive never experienced a slight tear.

To the op your gf is not preganant and you dont need to do a test. I am like you i stress every single month, its just part of having sex for me

Advertisement