Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blanx Whitening Toothpaste

• 28-01-2007 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I know teeth whitening has been discussed here before, but I haven't seen this particular avenue mentioned. I wondered if any of you have any experience with it.

After a bit of research I came across Blanx Whitening Toothpaste which Boots sell.

I don't want to use bleach, or peroxide or anything unnatural like that on my teeth and I don't want to risk damaging them by eroding enamel just to get them a whiter colour. I simply wanna remove yellow stains that have built up and reveal the natural colour of my teeth. I also don't wanna end up looking like Ross in friends or anything.

I take good care of my teeth - brushing, floss, listerine etc. but there are yellow stains on them that I want to get rid of to get them back to their original stain-free colour.

Is Blanx safe? Is it effective? They claim it's healthy, effective and protects your enamel (rather than damaging it) but that could just be some company blurb. I've never had much success with pearl drops or any of that stuff.

Thanks!

Link : http://www.blanx.info/en/effettoblanx.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I got my braces off about a fortnight ago and my teeth were a bit yellow [years of smoking, red wine and coffee on top] so I started using Blanx and I find it really good. My teeth aren't exactly snow-white or anything but theres a huge improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Thanks scraggs. I read on their site that by 30 days you see a big improvement so you might have more whiteyness left. Did you get it in boots? (how much?)

Oh btw I think there's some special one for badly stained teeth if you hadn't seen it, Intense whitening or something, if you drink lots of red wine smoke etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Ive been using it for ages and its great

Its a bit pricy at 9 euro but one tube lasted me about 5 months

I whitened my teeth before I got it, and bought it to keep them white, but it did make them a little whiter, and brighter. Also, my teeth feel really clean after usin it. All in all great toothpaste, well recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Nice one, I'll defo pick some up on friday then. If I get a few months out of 1 tube then sure it ain't a bad price.

Would either of yas think their before and after comparison pictures on this page are accurate, or real bias? I'll pick some up anyways :)
    http://www.blanxusa.com/Benefits.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I'd say thats true, but like i said, its subjective depending on the person who uses it

If you want really white teeth fast, you'd need more than a toothpaste, and I'd highly recommend Crest whitening strips. U can get a box for about 20 euro off ebay inc p&p [they're €50 off the crest site]

I whitened my top teeth only, and the difference compared to my bottom teeth was crazy, and I always get comments about how white my teeth are, which makes you smile even more :p

Also, whitening gel opens your teeth's pores. They stay open for a while afterwards, this makes them a bit sensitive, but it lets all the chemicals in toothpaste inside your tooth, so the paste works 10 times better and faster

Good luck on your quest for pearly whites :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement