Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

argh, need to recover deleted files quickly.

• 28-01-2007 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

as stupid as i am, i deleted 300gigs worth of stuff this morning.

any way i can get it back? the drive hasn't been touched since.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Cremo wrote:
    as stupid as i am, i delete 300gigs worth of stuff this morning.

any way i can get it back? the drive hasn't been touched since.

You did this before?

LEARN!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

helpful

NOT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Should be able to (as long as the disk remains unused) using a recovery tool. I have no experience with them bar one which was great - cant remember the name though.

Should be able to (as long as the disk remains unused) using a recovery tool. I have no experience with them bar one which was great - cant remember the name though.
    yeh i was thinking the same thing optiplex, i checked the sticky of free software but alas the link to the one program i want there gives me some asian yahoo page not found site. :mad:

right good news, all the files are recoverable i downloaded this program called "recover my files" which only allows me to view the said files and i'd have to pay to fully "recover my files". Anyone have any free recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't think there are any that will do the job for free.
    I have Bad Copy Pro which has justified its price easily for me.
    Just buy a prog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yes there is a way to do this, and for free.

A topic very similar ot this poped up a few months ago. Just do a search And you could find it.

I would look for it for you, but im off out now. If you havent found it by the time i get back ill go get it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

how lazy and cheap can you be??? Buy the program or do some simple web searching. Try downloads.com and do a search for disk recovery or something.

But in fairness, i've tried free disk recovery programs and they are free for a reason. One program recovered all my files alright after a disk crash, but renamed them as numbers starting at 0000001.<extenstion> and put them all in the same folder, which meant I had all my files and pictures and music back but all their names where changed, meaning they where as good as useless to me.

My advice, buy the program, you'll probably need to use it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Anti wrote:
    Yes there is a way to do this, and for free.

A topic very similar ot this poped up a few months ago. Just do a search And you could find it.

I would look for it for you, but im off out now. If you havent found it by the time i get back ill go get it then.

Yup, happened to me a few months ago, i eventually had to pay for a program. There was a free version but it screwed up the files beyond belief, it would split my mp'3 into like 4 seperate files. My pictures where all poxy, just didnt work. I dont even remember the program i used, ill have a look now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Apparently this is good http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html
    I've seen it in action and it does the trick.
    It got 4 stars lioke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I have used PC Inspector Smart Recovery before and found it quite good.

http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

It is a German freeware but uses the English Language. It recovered photos off an XD Memory Card and worked fine for me. Typical German Efficiency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

PC Inspector has been mentioned a few times when I searched for similar threads also Handy Recovery,which is free.

thanks guys, i got pc inspector file recovery before you lot posted and had it recovering whilst i left the pc, i had to leave it as i was getting super pissed off at my stupidity.

pc inspector file recovery is great what a program, it would actually make you want to donate money to the makers.

i've been able to recovery 90% of the drive which is great, lost a couple of seasons of family guy though that i'll need to re-rip but everything else is there :D

Advertisement