Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant download ringtones etc

• 28-01-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,293 ✭✭✭✭

I recently got my 13 year old a Samsung S400i mobile phone and he has tried to download a few ring tones, wallpapers etc from the o2 site but has hit a problem. When he clicks to get the ring tone for example he gets a text message to his phone saying "incompatible message format" or something very similar to that.

Would there be some type of setting in the phone that he would need to change or can anyone advise as to how this problem can be overcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

muffler wrote:
    I recently got my 13 year old a Samsung S400i mobile phone and he has tried to download a few ring tones, wallpapers etc from the o2 site but has hit a problem. When he clicks to get the ring tone for example he gets a text message to his phone saying "incompatible message format" or something very similar to that.

Would there be some type of setting in the phone that he would need to change or can anyone advise as to how this problem can be overcome.

Does he have the MMS settings for the 02 network on his phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,293 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Does he have the MMS settings for the 02 network on his phone?
    Sorry, not sure. Actually I dont even know what that is - how do you check the phone for that?

If its of any help the phone was bought from the o2 online store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

You can get the MMS settings from the O2 site.

My advice would be get the settings and save them onto the phone and then try again for the ringtones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

muffler wrote:
    Sorry, not sure. Actually I dont even know what that is - how do you check the phone for that?

If its of any help the phone was bought from the o2 online store

MMS are the settings used to recieve pictures and in your case ringtones on the phone. If you ring up 02, they will send them to your phone and you will be ble to save them. That should sort out the problem.

Thanks for that.

Should be straight forward and I will contact o2 tomorrow

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    Thanks for that.

Should be straight forward and I will contact o2 tomorrow

Just go to the link I posted above muffler and save yourself a lot of time on the phone tomorrow. You get 2 texts sent to your phone and you open and select save.

Mad Dog wrote:
    You can get the MMS settings from the O2 site.

My advice would be get the settings and save them onto the phone and then try again for the ringtones.
    Thanks Mad Dog. Just after seeing your post. I logged into the o2 site and requested the MMS/GPRS settings to be sent to the phone and it failed. Said to try in 10 mins. again or contact customer care

Edit: Here's what it said:............. Sending of settings has failed

The sending of your settings has failed. Please wait for 10 minutes and then re-try. If the problem persists please call Customer Care

muffler wrote:
    Thanks Mad Dog. Just after seeing your post. I logged into the o2 site and requested the MMS/GPRS settings to be sent to the phone and it failed. Said to try in 10 mins. again or contact customer care

Oh why am I not surprised :eek: see post re; O2 site :D

Mad Dog wrote:
    Oh why am I not surprised :eek: see post re; O2 site :D
    Not sure what you mean as I did what you suggested but the request failed - is it that you are not surprised at me or at o2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

muffler wrote:
    Not sure what you mean as I did what you suggested but the request failed - is it that you are not surprised at me or at o2?

No he's not referring to you. He is not surprised that the o2 site is acting up. That is quite a common occurence, to say the least.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:

Sorry muffler I meant the O2 site which has a thread of it's own. :o

Sorry about the misunderstanding ;)

No problems Mad Dog. Im not too well up on the mobile phone scene so dont really know what problems others are experiencing.

I have since contacted a nice lady by the name of Emer McGinley (head of o2 customer services or some dept like that). Good news is that she is actively following this up and has replied twice already by email.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this problem

That's great, I hope you get it sorted soon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Paying For Ringtones ohhhh

thats too much and i am sure 02 will be laughing

save some money have a look here

http://www.zedge.net/

you can get 30 free things everyday after registering

I use it with my k800i download things through laptop and then transfer then to phone via bluetooth

Advertisement