Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to turn Ipaq in Sat nav

• 28-01-2007 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    recently got my hands on a HP Compaq Ipaq 3630 and i m looking into turning it into a sat nav if thats possible.

I have googled it and cant find any tutorials or the likes.
    Can anyone tel what I miht need to do this or how?
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Nessun Entrata

To turn your Ipaq into a satnav you must buy a wired receiver (from ebay is the easiest option) and then find some software. Mine came with gps3000 but it is no good in Ireland.
    Other software which works is TOMTOM Navigator 3 which i am running at the moment, you will have to upgrade the rom to run this so you have Windows ppc 2002 operating system.
    There are no newer versions that will run on the old 3600 series Ipaqs that i can find as they all need windows 2003 for pocket pc which is not available from HP for this model.

Downside is that you will get no decent mapping of Ireland but an acceptable level in the UK or the rest of europe if you do not mind a few roads missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Feck, no good then, never leave Ireland ha ha thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Goose, I will see if I still have the list of handleld device websites I used in college when I was working on my project. Can't remember the names off the top of my head.

/old man talk

Back in my day we made our own maps.
    GPS unit, iPaq. Log points, create maps, through in a few roads and away ya go.

Ah it was a pain in the ass but I got me through my 3yr project in '02/'03

Advertisement