Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lotus Notes - Address Book retrieval

• 28-01-2007 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

I worked in a company for approximately 7 years abroad, and their email system was Lotus Notes. (.nsf file extension)

Upon leaving, I requested, and was allowed the opportunity to 'save' and download my address book and email history onto a CD Rom.
    Obviously over that period of time, I had hundreds if not thousands of names in my address book, so it was a practical solution.

However, how do I retieve this information (if it is possible), without having the lotus notes program on my current PC?

Any help most appreciated, as I am commencing my own business (completely different to my old employer, absolutely not in competition with them) but hope to keep in touch with my old business contacts, with the information I have downloaded from Lotus Notes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

If you have your old mail file and address book on CD, do you also have your Notes ID file ? Without the ID file, you may not be able to read the old mail file (it should be encrypted) ... but you should be able to read the address book, so long as it's a personal address book (generally local & open) and not the company address book (generally on mail server and protected)

Also, do you know what version of Notes client was used to create the address book ?

Having tried this in the past, I think the easiest thing would be for you to get the .nsf file to someone with a Lotus Notes client, who could then read it and export it to something like MS Excel, or as a .CSV file which you could then import into what ever email client you use now.

if this is not an option, you could look at importing the .nsf file with specific tools for whatever email client you use now ... though this can be fiddly, as you have to be specific about field names, types and sizes ... also, the only tools I've seen that work for these conversions are all commercial

where are you located ? maybe a friendly boards user with a Notes client will read in and export the address book for you ? I guess this will be a once off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I can export it to text if you want as long as its not locally encrypted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

trout wrote:

where are you located ? maybe a friendly boards user with a Notes client will read in and export the address book for you ? I guess this will be a once off.

This would be great (Thanks Hobbes) ... I don't know myself if it is encrypted (not a techie person I am afraid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

There is a trial Beta version of Lotus Notes Client available for download (Win and Mac).
    http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/brand.jsp?b=Lotus&dt=&pf=&lang=&sb=rd&S_TACT=104CBW71&S_CMP=&sr=11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Assuming the trial download doesn't work (should work), send me a PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement