Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defending: Is it worse?

Options
  • 28-01-2007 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

I only have the game 2 days but I still think they have made the defending much worse. Whenever ye switch player they seem to stop in their tracks and just moving around seems impossible, if the attacker is dribbling and he changes direction it takes a defender twice as long to turn in response.

I like the dribbling, the (lack of) free-kicks and shoosting but I much prefer the defending in pes 5, I was more sure of myself in that.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Possibly right there Jimmy, although I haven't played any of the other versions since I got PES 6. Have you set the cursor to manual? Maybe that'll help when you're changing defenders.

A good thing about defending in this one is the effectiveness of jockeying. I tend to use this tactic quite a bit when someone is on the wings, and do a bit more pressing while they attack in the centre. Reason being because long shots cause major trouble and I'll block them whenever I can - cannot trust the goalkeepers in this one.

You could as set your four backs as CB's to tighten things up, I use this tactic as well.

Advertisement