Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CBG , carzone or autotrader

Options
  • 28-01-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Trying to sell this C3 .. where should I advertise CBG , carzone or autotrader ??

if you had to choose one - which one would you choose if you couldn't afford all three :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

as someone looking for a car, I clearly prefer carzone.

More pictures, more text, better information possible than on the other sites

(if the advertiser makes full use of it, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Get a picture up there with it for a start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also throw it up on http://www.adverts.ie with photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

peasant wrote:
    as someone looking for a car, I clearly prefer carzone.

More pictures, more text, better information possible than on the other sites

(if the advertiser makes full use of it, of course)

I know but cbg has a magazine .. and people who don't us the internet are immediately ruled out by carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Carzone the only way to go.

I have used CBG and I can tell you I was shocked by the poor response. As mentioned earlier a good write up & photos on Carzone is the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you can also advertise it for free on www.funkymotors.ie
    the more the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

TBH I would stick with online. Carzone has a lot more unique users monthly than any of the magazines have circulation figures. And you can change it whenever you like, which you can't do in print.

But get several photos up, the more the better, people just don't look at the ads without photos. Include interior shots and detail, show that the car is in great condition (presuming it is.) Your price looks competitive, so with good photos I imagine you should sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

carzone compared to print ad in cbg....

cheaper, more pics, can edit any time, bigger audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

And with carzone the car stays there till you sell it, the autotrader and CBG charge you for a block of time AFAIK.

Im surprised CBG still have punters if thats the case :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

defo carzone cbg will only let u put up three photos and carzone are now owned by the auto trader and carzone have dozens of websites that they put the ad on all in the one price i am sure if you emailed carzone they might do a deal to put it on autrader aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Carzone is head and shoulders above CBG and autotrader is a non starter. Your money will have run out in no time with CBG (unless your lucky enough to sell it quickly) whereas carzone you can leave it on as long as you like and put as much info on as you have!! With regard to CBG having a magazine I'll bet anything that more people log on to carzone in a week than CBG sell magazines!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I bought my current car via Carzone, and that's where I'd put it if I was selling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭kahaya

Would definitely recommend Carzone. Put my parents car on Carzone for them and had no problems selling it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

done deal.ie costs 3 lid i think, not expensive

defo carzone cbg will only let u put up three photos and carzone are now owned by the auto trader and carzone have dozens of websites that they put the ad on all in the one price i am sure if you emailed carzone they might do a deal to put it on autrader aswell
    not a chance, they're still seperate companies.. why would you be able to get a deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

as a browser i much much prefer carzone.

steve06 wrote:
    not a chance, they're still seperate companies.. why would you be able to get a deal?

they might offer a deal as in geetin a discount on the price if you advertise with the two of them or if you go with carzone its only so much extra to have it in the autotrader aswell seening as autotrader bought over carzone i wouldnt be surprised if they would do a deal like that

they might offer a deal as in geetin a discount on the price if you advertise with the two of them or if you go with carzone its only so much extra to have it in the autotrader aswell seening as autotrader bought over carzone i wouldnt be surprised if they would do a deal like that
    no I know people there... the 2 compaines are seperate and there's no deals between them for the used car adverts.

you know people in autotrader or carzone it must be just for the car dealers then that they do the offer for

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

carzone and adverts.ie all the way ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Get a picture up there with it for a start :)

got the pics up at last ! :D

you know people in autotrader or carzone it must be just for the car dealers then that they do the offer for
    both, they do an offer for dealers to put stock on both sites but not classifieds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I've just sold mine and used both Carzone and CBG. I wouldn't use Autotrader purely because I think their website is woeful.

Most enquiries and the eventual sale were via CBG. Most on here (as I do) prefer the Carzone site which is very slick and clean, and hence most will choose Carzone over CBG, but nothing beats a printed weekly mag for reaching the masses and getting a sale. People still like to flick through a magazine over a cuppa. :)

Advertisement