Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

7 Months of FIAT.... Can you beat it?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

Okay so i've had my FIAT 7 Months now and had problems after problem one after another until finally on Friday, on the M50, the engine went up in smoke.... ya know like, on fire!! So until tomorrow when the garage will begin to strip the engine and i'll find out what the dammage is i decided i'd make a list to share with some people the problems i've encountered in the run up to this moment. The list is 100% true and as i remember more items i'll add them. So here we go:

Trips to Garage: 23
    Time in Garage to date: 39 Days

Back to the original post, this car is and probably was trouble since it was sold. You could get a similar car from most other manufacturer and it would be as bad. The same thing can happen with home appliances, TV's, Washing Machines, etc.

But just because of your trouble you shouldn't tarnish all FIAT's. I bought a new Fiat 2 years ago, like most people I'd be skeptical about purchasing a new car that has been given a bad time by the public.

Originally I had a Toyota and loved it, in 2003 I bought a new Peugeot, it looked lovely but it was a horrible car to live with - I hated it. I sold it and went for a Fiat. Before I bought the Fiat, I asked all the people I knew that had Fiat's 'What did they think of them' None of the 8 people I asked had a bad word to say about their Fiats.

Fiat were giving a 4 year warranty which is also an indication that they are willing to stand over their products.

I bought the new Fiat in Jan '05, I've done 16,000K per year, nothing has gone wrong with the car. It's the most comfortable car to drive, has great road holding and very economical. I would not hesitate to buy another Fiat when I decide to change, but I don't think that will be soon.

This link might be of interest:

http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear/024-cant-get-no-satisfaction/

It might upset a few german car owners!

Also note Fiat at # 17 above VW, mercedes, Audi etc etc.

As a car enthusiast also don't forget, if Fiat, who are battling severe financial troubles, go under. Masarati, Ferrari, Afla-Romeo and Lancia are in trouble.

Advertisement