Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell PC with 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO

Options
  • 28-01-2007 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I have just got a new dell pc with a 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO graphics card in it. My existing pc has 128MB Nvidia GeForce FX5900. Which is a better card, and are either any good.
    Thanks Regards Bob1163.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The FX5900 is the better of the two on paper & in OpenGL + Direct-X 8 games but unfortunately the FX 5 series where not very good with Direct-X 9 class games which are now the bulk of titles.

I suppose it depends on what you play but I would replace the FX5900 with something more current as the X1300 is an entry level card. Something like the 7600GT (€115) would be a better choice & faster than the FX5900 or X1300.

Edit: According to the card databases there was no vanilla FX5900 in PCI-e form factor only AGP now I'm not totally certain on that but if so then you are stuck with the X1300 for the time being as PCI-Express replaced AGP as the interface for graphics cards.

Advertisement