Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest LC Subject?

Options
  • 28-01-2007 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

What's the easiest vocational subject? 30 votes

Business
    0% 0 votes
    Economics
    33% 10 votes
    Accounting
    6% 2 votes
    Physics
    16% 5 votes
    Chemistry
    6% 2 votes
    Biology
    6% 2 votes
    Music
    3% 1 vote
    Art
    3% 1 vote
    Agricultural Science
    16% 5 votes
    Geogoraphy
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I have to say that, with the right paper and questions - going by this years prospective paper - accounting is one of the easiest, although it may take a certain frame of mind.

Either way, there's no big fear of not achieving once the work is done. It is in my opinion a subject that rewards hard work...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Well if you're a technical kinda person I'd say Physics is the easiest. It's all extremely logical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The difficulty of a given subject is completely related to your own natural abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

md99 wrote:
    I have to say that, with the right paper and questions - going by this years prospective paper - accounting is one of the easiest, although it may take a certain frame of mind.

Either way, there's no big fear of not achieving once the work is done. It is in my opinion a subject that rewards hard work...
    Do NOT take your mocks as an example of what the real exam will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I said Accounting. I find it quitw easy to do, just once a lot of practice is done. Plus that and physics are the only two on that list that i do, and as said in other thread, i find physics the hardsest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Guess it depends on the person, but I find Home Ec to be the easiest. A lot of it is just commen sense!

Oh and LCVP...if you would count that as a subject :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I would have said engineering but it's not there so I said biology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

From the list above I said Business.
    All you have to do is understand/learn definitions and elaborate..

Do NOT take your mocks as an example of what the real exam will be.

Haven't done them yet.

Did you do last years paper? That was an absolute kick in the ass. By what's due this years should be a lot simpler...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Geography. We're using the core book obviously, then book 3 and book 5 (cultural identity). Very easy. Physical geography is grand, all stuff from 1st year really, regional geography- not much learning required, just have to learn Ireland, European country and a non-European country. Simple! Cultural identity is very easy also, all to do with how different apects effect a culture (already been told to only study language and religion for it.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Business, by a good bit. It's the only subject I actually have the course finished on at the moment, and a good bit of it is just common sense. The exam questions look relatively handy too, and the ABQ's are based on the three units that I'm probably best at this year.

Happy days, Patsy Hayes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

md99 wrote:
    Haven't done them yet.

Did you do last years paper? That was an absolute kick in the ass. By what's due this years should be a lot simpler...
    The paper wasn't too bad last year,if you were doing the long question it was a perfect paper...Unfortunatly I wasnt. I hadn't learn farm accounts, published accounts or CFS and all 3 came up :( I was expecting depreciation/revaluation and one other.

Our paper was expected to be an easy one as well,and granted, couldn't have asked for easier than a Tabular in the 100marks section, but it wasn't as easy as I expected. I'd wanted an A1/2 and got a C2 I think. Probably lost nearly all those marks in section 1 as well.

On the other hand,accounting is the most predictable exam. The questions asked are identical every couple of years with a few different numbers here and there, so once you can it one year, you can usually do it every year

The paper wasn't too bad last year,if you were doing the long question it was a perfect paper...Unfortunatly I wasnt. I hadn't learn farm accounts, published accounts or CFS and all 3 came up :( I was expecting depreciation/revaluation and one other.

Our paper was expected to be an easy one as well,and granted, couldn't have asked for easier than a Tabular in the 100marks section, but it wasn't as easy as I expected. I'd wanted an A1/2 and got a C2 I think. Probably lost nearly all those marks in section 1 as well.

On the other hand,accounting is the most predictable exam. The questions asked are identical every couple of years with a few different numbers here and there, so once you can it one year, you can usually do it every year

That's the principal I'm working off. I'm learning the 'expected' questions perfect and then a few excess just to cover my ass... Fingers crossed!

I'm sorry about your paper. There was a lot of anger over last years paper from what I gather... the Question 1 (Sole Trader) is the hardest of the three, right? I suppose t'was okay ye were prepared for it, but they had no right to give 'Marginal and Absorption' costing... I couldn't believe that!

Usually students focus on either costing or budgeting questions.. those who focused on the former were really f**ked out of 40 marks unfairly.

Advertisement