Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Tips

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

The Examiner gives you very good advice at the start of the actual driving test.

He says "now drive normally". So, do your best to forget he is there and drive as normal as possible. IF you have been driving safely, maintaining progress, following the rules etc you will have no problem.

You will see a flashing red light at a railway crossing.

The legal maximum parking distance from the kerb is 45 CM. Axa give the incorrect figure of 50 at Axa - Taking Test. Both the old and the new "Rules of the Road" give 45 CM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Well, I passed! :D

It was a lovely morning (first time) and the test went fine, it was so quick. I thought I did everything ok, but got 7 grade twos, going too fast over ramps and a few others. Got one for a hazard aswell though I'm not sure what it was, the examiner said it could have been a grade 3, but she was nice enough and let me off on the grade 2 I guess. Thrilled - applied for my licence today and that was that. Strange insurance thing though - quinn direct only brought my policy down 200 when I was getting quotes of 700 less on their website, so instead of just giving me the quote on the site, I have to write in and cancel first?

Anyway it's great, being a qualified driver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Elessar wrote:
    quinn direct only brought my policy down 200 when I was getting quotes of 700 less on their website, so instead of just giving me the quote on the site, I have to write in and cancel first?

That's normal for them. Give them a ring with the online quote and see if they'll reduce it for you.

Advertisement