Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Usage stats

Options
  • 28-01-2007 4:08pm

I've just got the BB for the first time but there's a real problem. The Eircom BB usage statistics page isn't updating.

As a first time user I have no real idea of how much I've used....I've downloaded a couple of large avi's so far and kept a record of them but I don't know how much general internet surfing uses.

I've got the bb plus and have a 20gb limit. I only got it on 22nd Jan...do I get charged extra if I go over the limit?

I've rang customer service and they say there's nothing they can do...its ridiculous....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, their DSL usage page is a joke. Their customer service told me if i restarted my router, it'd update the page... they're talking outta their a$$es!

But no, the record so far is you won't get charged for going over the limit with Eircom.

I don't get charged for going over the limit? So whats the point of having it? Are there any consequences for going over?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I don't get charged for going over the limit? So whats the point of having it? Are there any consequences for going over?
    There may be at some point in the future. It's in the contract so that if people going over the limits actually start to cause problems for other people they can invoke it without any hassle.

Also, if you have any problems with the broadband and they see you're over your limit, they can either blame that as being the problem and/or say you're in breach of your contract.

Is there anything I can install to do the same job the usage page isn't doing? DUMeter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

eircom stats page works. Its just that they don't update it any day for the last week of the month.

• Advertisement

you're joking right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

There's always a time span between each update, usually when they change your IP address.

When I first logged in, it reported 100%+ usage! That didn't do my heart any good but usage now averages at around 20% each month.

It may go days without any update but keep checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pinkiss

Eircoms statistics page is biggest bullsh** i ever saw,i just checked it and it showed that i used all my limit in first few days.And i read that they upgraded plans like from 1mb speed to 2mb but notinh changed in modem settings :mad: :confused: .They should announce about everything what their doing instead giving stupid advises :cool:

Mine is all over the place...I thought with a new month things might be different but it was showing nothing for the first few days.
    Now its showing some weird purple graph with excess written on it?

What's the point in having different packages with different download caps when there's no effort put into tracking it? What a joke!
    I must say its a good service though...much better than the iolbb trial I got a few years ago....

Advertisement