Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Chimaira Album - Resurrection

• 28-01-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok just got the new chimaira album off a freind and i must say my sweet jesus the band is back to top form. It smokes anything they have done before.

Spiruzzia really shines in this album his sampleing is really taken to the level where it has nearly as much influence on the music as the guitars bass vocals or drums.

Mark's singing is top notch with superb growling and some tasty clean singing.

Bob's doing some tastefull soloing in this album its not guitar hero stuff but its cool none the less. Theres a lot of simple brutal guitar work as well as some technical stuff.

Once again the low end is done nicely by jim nothing spectacular but he locks in perfectly once again.

Andols i can safely say is back and deffinatly on fine form, spectacular drumming.

The songs are brutal with everything youd come to expect from the band and more, some lighter parts in the songs give them depth but deffo dont get rid of any of the brutality.

All i can say go get this album as soon as you can and you will not regret it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Yeah cool album, I quite like Six. not as good as Impossibility of Reason but still good. 8/10 id give it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ryboto

no one else thinks this album is boring???? I can't discern from one track to the next, Six, No reason to live, and resurrection are the few I can tolerate. I'd rather listen to Pass Out of Existence, or even This Present Darkness over this album. Waaaay too much mixing and synth effects. Every song breaks down to a simple bang bang bang drum beat, C'mon! it's andols! he's better than that! what the hell happened???? Impossibility of reason was amazing, the self titled was a more aggressive, albeit slower paced album. At least with those two every track had it's own feel, this one just seems forced. The solos are just randomly thrown in there, while in their last album they would build them up....this is a hardcore/metalcore album, not the chimarametal we're used to...I guess I'll have to wait for their next one and hope they rethink some things.

Advertisement