Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to Bowling.

Options
  • 28-01-2007 4:32pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For the moment you have no moderator but we'll get to that in a minute. (Conz, you've been around a good while, fancy one of two modships?)

Anyway, until we sort that out, just report anything bold and the smods etc will be alerted.

Striiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!

DeV. (who likes an aul game of 10-pin himself :) )

Comments

Cool! Well done on getting the forum guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thank you very much! Perhaps we can introduce ourselves now and levels of interrest in the sport.

Ikky Poo2, very active league bowler in my teens in old Dundrum bowl. Only went in for one of two leagues over the last five years, but now living in Mayo where oppertunities are limited, boo hoo.

Let the good times roll... (sorry!)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

X Congrats on the Forum. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Great to see the forum up and running.:D

I used to bowl in the leagues a bit, but not in a few years.

Ikky, I suppose the Castlebar Bowling Alley is nearest to you. They run a few leagues per year there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

cast_iron wrote:
    Great to see the forum up and running.:D

I used to bowl in the leagues a bit, but not in a few years.

Ikky, I suppose the Castlebar Bowling Alley is nearest to you. They run a few leagues per year there.
    It is, but getting from Murrisk to Castlebar on a weekly basis when I don't drive is the tricky bit. But where there's a will....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Woohoo :D

Well, I live in the UK and bowl in Cambridge mostly but they don't do league bowling so I'm missing out a bit.

When I'm home I bowl at SuperDome in Palmerstown, I used to work there as mechanic and lane maintance during the summers while I was at college and loved it. I bowled competitively there in leagues and for the house team against other house teams :) Great days.

If I'm down in Tipp with the other half I bowl in Clonmel, it's a small alley (8 lanes) and again it's only social bowling.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

I live on the Northside of Dublin, I used to bowl in the strand bowl, haven't played competitively since i was 17 (8/9 years ago). Looking to get back into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Nice.

Delighted to see this forum as I flicked down through the Sports bar.

Some amount of potential thread starters in my head at the minute.

Also, I'd gladly mod this forum DeV.

conZ wrote:
    Nice.

Delighted to see this forum as I flicked down through the Sports bar.

Some amount of potential thread starters in my head at the minute.

Also, I'd gladly mod this forum DeV.

Woohoo, ConZ for Mod, +1'ed by me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I am a casual bowler, but i've my own ball lol. Live in Galway myself, the alley nearest to me, Galway leisure world, is so crap I haven't bothered going in 2+ years. I don't think they've ever changed the house balls from when they first opened. And I don't think they ever oil the lanes at all, also the pins are held up by strings, rofl!

But there's one in Oranmore, it's just a year old, and I do believe they oil the lanes everyday which is nice. But it's a 20 minute bus ride away, so I only go there once every fortnight.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Conz and R3nu4l will be your mods. Hopefully we can get a Boards league going or at least an outing or two.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

DeVore wrote:
    Conz and R3nu4l will be your mods. Hopefully we can get a Boards league going or at least an outing or two.
    All sounds great.

An initial outing would be a good idea. We could use that to explore the possibility of a getting a boards.ie league going or at least (and more feasible) getting some boards.ie teams into some leagues around the country :)

It would highlight both the forum and the site in general!
    Let me think about it for a week or two and consult with Conz and the other regular forum users :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I will be in Dublin from April - August, so I would be more than happy to help/attend these outtings if possible :)

Advertisement