Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

In a Stupid Situation - HELP!!

Options
  • 28-01-2007 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

so the situation is.....

I was just awoken by my dad who informed me that he managed to lock his only set of car keys INTO the car.

The central locking on the car in question (96 civic) is dodgy, so when he put the keys on the seat, closed the car door and ran inside the house to get something - The central locking managed to spointaineously lock while he was in the house.....

Any suggestions/advice??

call the AA? Call a honda dealer? smash a window? get a bus pass?.......

Thanks Guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is he an AA member?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭theAwakening

Yes he is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

You could try bending the door back far enough to get a wire coat hanger in and pull them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭theAwakening

attempted that type of thing but it wouldn't work. also tried to pull the window down a few centimetres to get a coat hanger in....but the window wouldnt budge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I suspect the AA won't be much help as they can't defeat the central locking
    and would be unwilling to break things if a dealer can help on Monday.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Try bending it back with a screw driver rapped in cloth to protect paint.
    It's either that r pay a couple of hundred quid for a lock smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

wait for it to spontaneously unlock???

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ask one of the local scumbags to get into it. give him €50 and he'll get in. 96 civics arent that hard to get into. You could also try popping the boot open and climbing in that way. Lift it up as far as u can, slide a cable tie into the lock and see if you can slide the lock out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

You'd actually be down right shocked at what the AA can do. A 'friend of a friend' guy works for them and they all have laptops with information on every car on the road. The system has scary-ly detailed information on all cars regarding engines, bodywork, and ALL security exposures. I didnt know this but everytime a new car is released the AA PULL the thing apart in their UK Base not to mention the datailed info the Manufacturers must provide.

Anyway, Scared the **** outta me how fast he got into my dads focus one day when i locked the keys in the boot. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

3ps wrote:
    wait for it to spontaneously unlock???
    :D:D:D:D :rolleyes:
    ID go with the local scumbag:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

apparently, if you hit the wheels with a lump hammer all the door locks will pop open, because it will think it's been in a crash.. (work with the deprived in society so heard it from their experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

apparently, if you hit the wheels with a lump hammer all the door locks will pop open, because it will think it's been in a crash.. (work with the deprived in society so heard it from their experience)

Might also deploy the airbag/s:(

I locked my keys in a '95 civic (old model) had to call my sister to come with the spare. I tried a coat hanger down the weather strip on the door in an attempt to catch the rod to the lock button but the central locking was having none of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

You'd actually be down right shocked at what the AA can do. A 'friend of a friend' guy works for them and they all have laptops with information on every car on the road. The system has scary-ly detailed information on all cars regarding engines, bodywork, and ALL security exposures.
    Every modern car has a designed-in method of unlocking it when the keys are inside. Like applying 12 volts in reverse to the contacts for the number plate light and things like that. The AA have the full database, so they should have no problem getting in.

Older cars are opened with things like skeleton keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

OP: so did you get it open?

Advertisement