Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Azureus / Vista

• 28-01-2007 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Having problems getting Azureus to work with Vista...... Anyone else having this issue ?........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what kind of problems you having?

you sure you have java installed on your vista machine?

alternatively you could use utorrent which is less of a memory hog than azureus and i can confirm it's running swimmingly on vista ultimate 64bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Hi Cremo, sorted... i downloaded a newer version. U would recommend utorrent though ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i would indeed, it's simpler doesn't take 10years to start up and doesn't eat half your ram whilst idle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The latest versions of Azureus are much different from the older ones it is very fast to start & exit and is very efficient in RAM usage, no leaks.

UTorrent is good but I could never get the same speeds I could get with Azureus so I stick with the frog.

To run Azureus on Vista in case anyone else is wondering you need the Java JRE6 installed not the v5 that is on XP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Yip the new version of Azureus ( 2.5.0.4 ) seems to be runnin a treat...... early days yet though i guess :p .

Thanks Guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement