Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Number

Options
  • 28-01-2007 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

can some one ajust the following num so it will be callable from ireland?

the number is 1-800-255-3700

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

thats an irish free phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

what do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

As it's 1800 it looks like an irish number so therefore should be callable from Ireland. If your question was intende to be "make it callable from outside Ireland", then AFAIK there is no way to call one of these freefone numbers from overseas.

nah is was for callabe from ireland

but can i trust that it will work because i got it from nintendo.COM

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

its a free phone number

as in its free to call.

just calling it there, its not in service.

it might be an american free phone number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

afaik irish free phone numbers are of the kind 1800-xxx-xxx the number above has 7 digits after the prefix, which leads me to think it's an american freephone number as they also use 1800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Just try calling it and see what happens, eh?

Its an 1800 number, its Irish, its freephone.

Cremo wrote:
    afaik irish free phone numbers are of the kind 1800-xxx-xxx the number above has 7 digits after the prefix, which leads me to think it's an american freephone number as they also use 1800

so is there any way to make it work from here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If it is an American number, you may have to add an 00 at the start of it, and you will be billed at international rates. If not, you won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

if you stick a 00 before it, it should work, but ecause you're ringing the US, it'll cost ya AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

it might be an american free phone number

Good point, I think you could be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

If it is an american phone number you will get a message saying - if I remember correctly:

"The number you have dialed is not free if calling from outside the united states; if answered you may be charged direct dialing rates for the call. If you do not wish to proceed with this call, please hang up now."

when u ring it you will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Some 1800 numbers redirect you. Microsoft's 1800 numbers usually switch you through to India. Check with them again on it. It does look a little long.

Advertisement