Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning

Options
  • 28-01-2007 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,
    Is it possible to submit extra information after you have already submitted your planning aplication before the 5 week period where objections are allowed?
    I'm waiting for an agreement between me and a group water sheme to be completed(need to get a pipeline removed from my site) and want to push ahead without this and submit it later.It could be a few weeks before I recieve this because they have to call a meeting.They have already agreed what needs to be done but it just needs to be finalised.

Is this possible or should I wait. I'm under presure to go ahead as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

AFAIK you can add to the application at any stage, but the councils carry out a "validation" of the application and if it's missing essential documents, then it will be returned to you. Why don't you ask in the planning office if it's ok to do this?.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You can send the information to the council. This will be recorded as "unsolicited infromation received". It is likely that they will either request further information regarding the connection to the group water scheme or maybe put it in as one of the conditions of planning. Either way, you will not be able to do any work until you receive the final grant of permission. (I am assuming the application is valid and that the connection is shown on the submission).

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You intend to submit an application which includes showing the water supply from a specific source and then submit revised proposals for the water supply. If I am reading that right I cant see you having any great difficulty providing the new details are submitted within 5 weeks and providing that either of the water proposals does not involve the public supply.

Another option is to request the planning office to defer making a decision on your application for a certain period of time. However if the PA decide the new details to be significant they can ask you to re advertise in the papers and on site

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sparky78

Thanks lads.

Sorry for the confusing first post.
    The situation is I have a well drilled on site and will be using this as my water supply.
    The issue with the group water scheme is that a pipe line belonging to them is running through the middle of my site. I have to sign an agreement with them to move it if I recieve planning or else they will object to me.I will also have to deposit a sum of money with a solicitor to cover the cost of this.
    The reason I want to summit this info is because the council are aware of the pipeline and will also probably want to know what I plan to do about it.

A copy of the agreement submitted with your application should suffice. You would also need to show the details on the site layout plan and maybe submit a covering letter outlining the circumstances.

Do you intend to connect to the group water scheme or use the well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sparky78

I intend to use the well.Do you think they will ask for it to be tested?

Do you think it would be a problem to submit the info relating to the group water scheme after the initial application?I wanted to submit next week but this could hold me up for a further few weeks.

If you have the agreement signed then send a copy with your application otherwise send a covering letter explaining the situation. Its better notifying them now of what is happening and if needs be they can write back in a few weeks time looking for more detail if its deemed necessary

In relation to the well its highly unlikely they will ask for a test if it is servicing your house only. (but cant be sure as requirements differ from county to county). The main thing is that the sewage treatment system is adequate distance away from it - you need to show all these details

Advertisement