Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Wireless and two laptops

• 28-01-2007 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Ok, this is a bit of a weird problem. We have wireless set up in our house. It has been working perfectly for the past 2 months. My flatmate got a new laptop about a week ago. Ever since then we have had problems connecting the two laptops at the same time. Sometimes through a series of reboots of the modem/wireless router/laptop we can get the two connected. But most of the time if one of the laptops connects first ( it doesnt matter which one ) the other has trouble connecting.

I have no idea what the problem is at the moment. I thought it was something to do with the router allocating a lease for the ip address but this wouldn't make much sense or would it.

Since it doesn't matter which laptop connects first, i am not sure how it could be the new laptop. So peharps its just by chance this problem started to happen when the new laptop started to get used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Could it be that both cards are on the same channel?

I don't know in Windows where to find this information (often the software of the card will be able to tell you but I guess your laptop has wifi builtin) Maybe others can tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you run ipconfig /all on both laptops from the Command Line (Start > Run > cmd), what do you get? Are each of them being assaigned an IP address? Is the router working as a DHCP server?

Advertisement