Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabbatical Elections 2007

Options
  • 28-01-2007 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Right the nomination forms for the elections are available from www.ucdsu.net/latestcomments.php Candidates running for either of the five positions have until the 5th of February to submit their nomination forms along with a deposit.

The rumour list of who's running are...

President
    Paddy Phelan
    Barry Colfer
    Isobel O'Connor

Deputy President
    Ciara Brennan
    Chris Bond
    Luke Hayden

Education
    John Regan
    Paul Lynam

Welfare
    Carol-Anne Rushe
    Colm Byrne

Ents
    Stephen Quinlivan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ah sure i'll run for President for a laugh.....

*downloads that application form*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Ah sure i'll run for President for a laugh.....

*downloads that application form*

I'd vote for ya Zane.

Is this thread really necessary? I mean there's 500 odd comments on the newswire, anyone who's remotely interested will be hovering over there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

Rumour is Brennan is running for pres....

So far this year its been (apparently)

Education ---> Dep Pres ---> Pres

With someone (rumoured to be) so indecisive in what position she wants im afraid ill have to vote the other guy, Colf- something. The one who will win hands down if he runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Me? Thankies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I wonder how many votes I'd get just by doing a nomination form? Is that the only requirement? I'd love to be a sabbat, I just think it'd be really rude to do something like that having spent three years being idle as far as union stuff is concerned. Ah well. *keeps great ideas to self*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

No.. you dont have to be an Uber hack to run for a Sabat position. Run on your ideas and manifesto . Sure the guy/girl with 3 years council experience and alot of mates along the corridor is just as likely to do a crap job as the next man.....

Id say go for it and see what happens. Dont feel like you dont deserve it and give it to someone else who probably deserves it less.

PS: 100 NAMES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Pantsless wrote:
    PS: 100 NAMES

All you need is 130 signatures actuellement!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

and a 100 deposit to be followed very quickly by another 400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'd vote for ya Zane.

Good man Siward, I can always rely on you. You can be my campaign manager and you can give me a nice 16 page supplement in the next Tribune where I'll spout my propaganda spiel about how fantastic I am and all my election promises that I have no intention of ever keeping...... we're gonna be unstopable!

Advertisement