Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf boot door problem advice please

Options
  • 28-01-2007 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I have a 2004 VW Golf mark IV comfortline bought from new. I need some advice on a problem which has happened yet again. I am not too sure on the time this happened before so i have to check what rights i have.
    There is an onboard computer to tell me everything about the car on the dash as some of you know the problem is with the boot the computer keeps beeping telling me the boot its open when its close. I have had this fixed at the main dealer and they did not replace the lock it was something else. I had this done under the warranty which on my car was for 2 years. Now i am sure it was only last year but can't be certain. What sort of warranty would be on that job i was thinking they should cover it for at least 12 months. Can any give me advice Please.
    Thanks
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It sounds to me like the boot lock is at fault - the microswitch for the central locking is built into the lock.

Any work done under warranty does not carry a seperate warranty. If you have one year warranty, and get a part replaced after 11 months , its warranty expires with the car's warranty one month later because it is a warranty replacement. You only get warranty on any item that you pay for. However, if a part is repeatedly faulty it should be easy enough to have the manufacturer apply goodwill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Most likely it's the rear wiper leaking down onto the boot lock, very common problem on Golfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

I was just at the main dealer where i was told that the problem is probable with the rear wiper washer spilling onto the lock. I now here the lock trying to open every few seconds any one know how much this will cost to fix or a cheap fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

This should help you for a DIY fix...

http://www.golfmk4.co.uk/rear_screen_washer_repair.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Thanks for the help.
    I opened the compartment up and yes the hose was lose on the unit so i pluged it back in and taped in up to try and stop it happening again. There was only a few drops of water in compartment so i dryed this up and used wd 40 on conections and lock that was yesterday now still today after about 75 miles all is looking good.
    Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement