Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joebhoys tips.

Options
  • 28-01-2007 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

€10,000 starting bank.

Bristol @ 1/2 PP

31st Jan. Bristol City v Cheltenham

Last time the two teams met ended up 2-2. Bristol pushing for promotion they are 3rd In league while Cheltenham are 22nd.

Bristol at home
    W D L G/F G/A
    11 2 1 24 13

Cheltenham away
    W D L G/F G/A
    2 1 11 10 24

I would be very temted to go more than €2,000 will update more as game gets closer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭wba88

good tip, very tempting. Is this your real money, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

wba88 wrote:

No not this one. Though I will post my bet's that I do. Middlesborugh drew so I have to pick up my Darw No Bet so Ill be doing a bet tonight or tomorrow with real money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

wba88 wrote:
    northern irish sterling i do believe:rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

county wrote:
    northern irish sterling i do believe:rolleyes: :)
    :D:D
    And slightly charred at that!!

€6,000 on Bayern Munich @ 1/5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

3/2/07 Middlesbrough V Arsenal (A) 8/11.

Can't see any other result but a Arsenal win...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not knocking you for the effort but picking teams at 1/2 and 1/6 can't really be called tipping them, can it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of short priced faves but anybody can pick teams at those odds

• Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Topcat101 wrote:
    3/2/07 Middlesbrough V Arsenal (A) 8/11.

Can't see any other result but a Arsenal win...

All I can say to that is that it's your money and do with it what you want but I'm sure there are at least half a dozen football bets out there this week at 8/11 or better that are more attractive.

Collie D wrote:
    All I can say to that is that it's your money and do with it what you want but I'm sure there are at least half a dozen football bets out there this week at 8/11 or better that are more attractive.

Lets have them so....... and reasons for your picks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sunderland at home to palace is 8/11, Stoke at 4/5 aswell. I rather have my money on those two then Arsenal away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Topcat101 wrote:
    Lets have them so....... and reasons for your picks

Okay, here goes and seeing as you provided no reason for you choice it's a bit cheeky to demand mine but reasons included

1. As mentioned by chucky...Sunderland at home against Palace at 8/11. Won three of their last four, only loss being against a decent Preston side who are only three points off first place. Will be a big home crowd behind them and Palace have won only three times away in the League this season.

2. Hull at home against Leeds at 10/11. Only lost two of last eight which is pretty good form for a bottom six team - win against fellow relegation candidiates Leeds could give them a nice little cushion.

3. Reading at home against Wigan at 4/5. While Reading can be a bit hit and miss, they play some good stuff and should have too much for a Wigan team who are really struggling at the moment and look set for the drop.

4. Arsenal at home against Spurs at 5/6. Really more fanciable at home against an inconsistent Spurs team who I just don't rate than away against Boro who are not afraid to take on and beat the big boys on their own turf.

5. Blackburn at home to Sheff U at 8/11. Blackburn on a bit of a nice run at the moment against a team who are starting to struggle with injuries and suspensions.

6. ThinknI'll throw in a little risky on here at odds against. Southampton at home at 11/10 against leaders Derby. Only one home loss all season and a team thta can grind out results. Bit dodgy, could well end up 0-0 but the Championship is a strange league and would fancy my moeny at odds against than odds on Arsenal at Boro.

Not saying these will all in, I just think they represent better value than Arsenal at Middlesboro. Stoke at home against Ipswich loks good too but didn't wanna copy more than one bet form Chucky. I will be happy with 4/6 or 5/7 if you count Stoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

The attitude expressed on this forum by several members is nothing more than a cock measuring competition. Good write up Collie D, and good points. There are ALOT better bets out there than the one the OP is going with. Anyone can place big bets and say they are up x amount. What alot of people fail to understand is a staking plan, and a points system. if you turn 10,000 into 100,000 it is nothing special, it's just like turning 10 euro into 100 euro. Remember that.

Collie D wrote:
    Okay, here goes and seeing as you provided no reason for you choice it's a bit cheeky to demand mine but reasons included

1. As mentioned by chucky...Sunderland at home against Palace at 8/11. Won three of their last four, only loss being against a decent Preston side who are only three points off first place. Will be a big home crowd behind them and Palace have won only three times away in the League this season.

2. Hull at home against Leeds at 10/11. Only lost two of last eight which is pretty good form for a bottom six team - win against fellow relegation candidiates Leeds could give them a nice little cushion.

3. Reading at home against Wigan at 4/5. While Reading can be a bit hit and miss, they play some good stuff and should have too much for a Wigan team who are really struggling at the moment and look set for the drop.

4. Arsenal at home against Spurs at 5/6. Really more fanciable at home against an inconsistent Spurs team who I just don't rate than away against Boro who are not afraid to take on and beat the big boys on their own turf.

5. Blackburn at home to Sheff U at 8/11. Blackburn on a bit of a nice run at the moment against a team who are starting to struggle with injuries and suspensions.

6. ThinknI'll throw in a little risky on here at odds against. Southampton at home at 11/10 against leaders Derby. Only one home loss all season and a team thta can grind out results. Bit dodgy, could well end up 0-0 but the Championship is a strange league and would fancy my moeny at odds against than odds on Arsenal at Boro.

Not saying these will all in, I just think they represent better value than Arsenal at Middlesboro. Stoke at home against Ipswich loks good too but didn't wanna copy more than one bet form Chucky. I will be happy with 4/6 or 5/7 if you count Stoke

No offence meant, good write up. Have already done the spurs game as well, single.

Reason I picked this game was Middlesbrough on poor from lately. Arsenal on a rich vein of late. Can't properly rember late years score line think they trashed them away (might have if mixed up with charlton)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I think Arsenal winning ht/ft versus Spurs at 7/2 with William Hill is a good bet. I can hardly bare to watch Spurs away from home this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Great start for you mate. bank down to 4k now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

oops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

some rubbish gambler you are!

Isn't that 11k you've lost now in the last few months Joebhoy?

some rubbish gambler you are!

Where's your selections lad?

This forum is a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

sjones wrote:
    Where's your selections lad?

This forum is a farce.

Ireland to win the six nations @ 13/8 is the best price available currently (thats with paddy power). I got them at 15/8 though. get on quick , its gonna be our year, shane horgan visited me in my dream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

i always try stay away from that farce of a league. The only team i would bet on if i were to it is Werder Bremen.

i always try stay away from that farce of a league. The only team i would bet on if i were to it is Werder Bremen.

Yeah was watching It there not the team they use to be. Good job wasnt real money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

bristol C 0-1 Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Gotta agree with sjones.

This forum is a farce of the highest order.

Advertisement