Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I declare Shenanigans!!

Options
  • 28-01-2007 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Fix!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

who won?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

lol so shilpa won then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Totally rigged.... Its a disgrace. Although I know it has no real bearing on the final vote, the fact that Shilpa was boo'ed everytime her name was mentioned before she came out was a bit of an indication. I have nothing bad to say about Shilpa - it is good that she won, she was one of the more genuine people, but I defo think Dirk or Jermaine should have come out tops. All those clips of Jade were cringeworthy to watch!

Didnt Jack and Danielle get some grilling!! I almost feel sorry for them...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

quarryman wrote:
    Apu's wife.

I didn't think Shilpa was married...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

quarryman wrote:
    Apu's wife.

I assume this poster will be banned, this is blatant racism.

There is no argument to support criticising her because she is from India.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Reported. That was stupid quarryman. cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

ah come on lads, dry your eyes, dont take everything so seriously for gods sake, without getting into the whole racism thing, it was a frivolous comment that i believe should be either ignored or taken as a bit of silly humour, life is full of stereotypes and we are all guilty of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

, it was a frivolous comment

It might have been better if he picked a better thread to be frivolous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

*runs outside to fetch Jermaine*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it is a bit strange that The two people who arent white won. Like Channel 4 is going uot of the way to say they arent racist.

On the topic of shilpa.... Id hit that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

emot-siren.gif^^ARMCHAIR MODERATOR ALERT^^emot-siren.gif

Well I'm quite surprised your woman came out on top to be honest. Conspiracy theories aside for the minute, people actually fork over cash to decide on the winner and rigging something like that is pretty disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Bah, don't think it was a fix, so she won. Jermaine must be one of the biggest celebs to have appeared on a reality show like this, i think he was pretty dull and maybe Dirk might have come second, but Dirk was protesting too much about wanting to leave, so maybe it looked like he realy wanted to win. Ian was a bit too over excited by the whole thing, seems like an okay guy, but don't think he should of won.

I guess the fact a woman won is a bit strange, as girls do the voting mostly and usually vote the girls out, but maybe a woman won because there were no young guys to vote for at the end.

Probably it's just the big story was jade & shilpa, so shilpa got the votes and won. I suppose people like conspiracies though, i think michael jackson was pulling the strings

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It wasn't a fix, the best contestant won. She always got involved, she did everything with a smile on her face and she dealt with vile individuals with grace and poise.

Jermaine was nice but too dull while Dirk was a bit too grumpy for his own good.

The reason Shilpa was booed is because the people there were morons. Narrow-minded pricks the lot of 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

It wasn't a fix, the best contestant won. She always got involved, she did everything with a smile on her face and she dealt with vile individuals with grace and poise.
    The reason Shilpa was booed is because the people there were morons. Narrow-minded pricks the lot of 'em.

I agree. However I cant help wondering how many chavs voted against Shilpa because of the whole Jade thing. I think Channel 4 have manipulated this show since that incident... Anyway, its over now.... thank god!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mexicola wrote:
    Anyway, its over now.... thank god!! :D

Amen to that! ... And good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Only a simpleton would say it was rigged. She won because she was the best housemate, she came out on top against the rancid bully and she has class. Not because she is Asian or a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I must be a simpleton so. BB has always been rigged, even if only by the editing used to display some in a better light than others. But I think the fix is on a grander scale than just that. After all, it's an entertainment show, so they have to make sure certain personalities prevail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I didnt watch it last nite but did the crowd really boo shilpa?!
    I dont watch the eviction nights cos they have an ignorant mean spirited crowd that boo everything and its crap to watch. The crowd booing shilpa is a new low.They should be stricter on what morons they let into the live final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

panda100 wrote:
    I dont watch the eviction nights cos they have an ignorant mean spirited crowd that boo everything and its crap to watch. The crowd booing shilpa is a new low.They should be stricter on what morons they let into the live final.

They're were only one or two booing, not much at all. Probably some BNP supporting Jade fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

panda100 wrote:

they boo most people coming out, its pantomime type stuff. She got lots more cheers than boos when she came out in the end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Yeah, it probably was a fix. I totally agreed with the three finalists but just thought that Jermaine or Dirk should have one. To say that Shilpa won because she was the most interesting is a bit stupid because in all fairness not a single one of the housemates were interesting at all (Jermaine and Dirk included) I don't know why, but this years BB was incredibly boring. So much so, that no one deserved to win!

My money would have been on Shilpa anyway. With the whole 'racist' thing in the media, I would be surprised if she didn't win - fix or not.

Why is everyone so uptight about this?

Hitler was ****1ng racist. This guy is just making a stupid joke. Don't be so uptight.

Advertisement