Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ever locked your keys in the car?

Options
  • 28-01-2007 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Be honest now.

Ever locked your keys in the car? 19 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 19 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We did this one two days ago. Or was that loosing car keys?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Locked them in the boot of my car in work about 6 months ago and had to get my girlfriend to come with the spares. On my car (VW Passat) you can open boot from remote control and when I had finished work I opened it to put my jacket in, but somebody called me and I got talking so when I finished talking I just closed down the boot only then to realise I had put the keys in my jacket pocket :o:o:o:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yep, about two years ago, in work.

Got the bus home to get my spare keys from my room only to stand outside the door bewildered before I realised my house keys were also on my car keys so I couldn't get the spare.

Had to phone my landlordlady to find my spare room key which she hadn't used in four years, to let me in and get my damn keys. It was 9pm before I finally got my car home.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Yes, on my old corolla i was always at it. It was never a problem really. I always knew how open it within 2 minutes of finding a clothes hanger.

One day while topping the oil on another car i placed the keys on the headlight. When i was finished topping up the oil i closed the bonnet on the keys. When the bonnet closed on the keys, it activated the alarm and all the doors locked instantly. Unfortunately they were my only set. I had to life the corner of the bonnet to fish them out with a clothes hanger. :D It was really embarrassing. Me lifting the bonnet, the alarm blaring and a mate fishing with a hanger on a petrol station forecourt.

EDIT: crappy spelling that i noticed, there is prbly more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Not yet anyway.

God bless remote locking....never do it the old fashioned button down handle pull door push way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I locked my keys into my old fiesta and had to kick the drivers window in to get them out. It always a sickener to have that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

This is probably pure folk-myth, but I once heard a story about a couple up from 'de country' who went to some gig in the Point and on coming out relised they had left their keys locked in the car. They asked a passing guard for assistance (a passing guard? this story must be complete BS now I think of it) who put out a call on to other guards in the Pearse St. District to find a local 'gou' who might be of assistance.

Lo and behold, 5 minutes later, two 'local-lads' appear, armed with a wooden driver golf club. The owner of the car assumed they were about to put the window in with it when one of the lads said "Nah...s'alrite bud, dis model of beemer has a bleedin' design flaw...watch dis". With that he proceeded to tee-off and give the right front tyre an almightly whack. Suddenly all the locks shot up.

The lads knew that that model of BMW in whatever year had a design-flaw that if the front right tyre got a hard enough whack that it would release the central locking, but not engage the airbags.

Advertisement