Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Try Mahon, not a bad spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

yenom wrote: »
    Try Mahon, not a bad spot.

Mahon Point? Are you sh*tting bricks with me? :eek: Thats like half an hour on the bus away!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Anyone been there or stayed there and know what it's like for hopeful incoming terrified first years? Now since the cao is sorted, the accomodation is the next thing to sort out:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Anyone know of a house near UCC that has ensuites? We've been looking but havent come up with much? :/
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

im thinking of going to farranlea, but it seems to have a bit of negativity( as does every other accommodation:p). i just want to hear more opinions about it before i book it! preferably positive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a house near UCC that has ensuites? We've been looking but havent come up with much? :/
    Thanks!

How many are you looking for? I don't think you'd get one per room.

I lived in a really nice house on highfield avenue last year and one of the rooms had an ensuite. The year before I lived in Jennings Pool apartments in Brookfield and each apartment there has 1 room with ensuite. They're rare enough in student houses, I'd be surprised to find more than one in a house

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jazzzzy

If anyone knows of or could recommend any 2-bed houses or apartments close to college, please let me know! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

jazzzzy wrote: »
    If anyone knows of or could recommend any 2-bed houses or apartments close to college, please let me know! Thanks :D
    For next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jazzzzy

Oh yeah, sorry should have specified, for the academic year commencing September 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MrsFlintstone

Hi :)

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in north quay place (accom behind bierhaus) before and knows what its like? Is the area safe to be walking to and from town etc. Would really appreciate any help :)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 moe19

Hi :)

Just wondering if anyone has lived in Mardyke Hall and if they would recommend it? Can't find any info in previous posts. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Reximus300

Hey. :D
    I'm hoping to go to UCC next September and I'm wondering where's the best student accommodation to live, as I hear it's better to stay in them in first year. I'd like somewhere not too strict, meaning I can have a person or two stay and can have get togethers without any problem. Im also looking for a good place to make friends with other first years as most of my friends are going to Limerick. I'm hoping to get somewhere fairly cheap but not so cheap that it's a dump. Distance isn't that big of a deal for me but the closer the better of course. Iv been searching and Several places look good. Fullers lodge and the village are great deals but I don't know if there's better places to go?
    Id appreciate any help and information. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Hi doing a master's in UCC this Sept, and just wondering if anyone could recommend a reasonable B&B which does dinner aswell? Will only be in Cork untill december as work placement starts in Jan so dont really want the hassle of renting. Any advice is appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Hey, me and friends are looking for a 4-bed house close to college for next academic year. Can't find much at the moment on daft or the ucc website so any recommendations would be appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nathyfr

The accom thread at the top of the page has loads of info on each residence. I lived in Victoria Lodge last year so if you've any questions about there, feel free to ask away!
    Hello,

I'm going to study at UCC from September to December and I think live in Victoria Lodge. Do you recommand it ? Is it a nice place for 4 months ?

Thank in advance !

Nathalie

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

ciaradx wrote: »
    Hey, me and friends are looking for a 4-bed house close to college for next academic year. Can't find much at the moment on daft or the ucc website so any recommendations would be appreciated :)

Pretty much the same here, but when looking last year, we had no luck until late june. It does sound like leaving it to the last minute but houses will probably be a bit cheaper/ not a total dump (seriously, some of the ones we looked at this time last year were really bad)

Also, four of us are looking too. So any advice would be appreciated if you get some =P

ps sorry for hijacking your post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Just realised i've nothing sorted for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

Just realised i've nothing sorted for next year

Seriously, plenty of time! A few of my friends found places in september!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Aoi wrote: »
    Pretty much the same here, but when looking last year, we had no luck until late june. It does sound like leaving it to the last minute but houses will probably be a bit cheaper/ not a total dump (seriously, some of the ones we looked at this time last year were really bad)

Also, four of us are looking too. So any advice would be appreciated if you get some =P

ps sorry for hijacking your post

No problem, we're actually looking for a 6-bed now! I thought we could get one sorted now because we got our house at this time last year. I did see on the UCC website that houses will not start coming through until May but the prices are lower than this year = http://www.uccaccommodation.ie/cheaper-houses-for-next-year/

Also, if anyone wants a 3-bed near college, I could pass on the number for where we're living now, it's a lovely house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pop1985

My friend & I are working in UCC for the month of July (and maybe into August) and we are looking for some student accomodation in & around UCC.

As I'm not from Cork, I'm finding it hard to know which places are good, bad or brutal! Mardyke Hall, Lancaster Hall, Brookfield are some of the places I've come up with that have good rates over the summer.

I've gathered from the thread that Deanhall is desperate so I've crossed that off my list. Are their any others you could recommend to me?????? Any advice would be fanstatic:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Apollo17

Hey! I am going to spend the next autumn semester at the UCC as an Erasmus-student. I am actually looking for a place to live. I thought about the Jennings Pool Apartments - does someone live there or has experiences?

pop1985 wrote: »
    My friend & I are working in UCC for the month of July (and maybe into August) and we are looking for some student accomodation in & around UCC.

As I'm not from Cork, I'm finding it hard to know which places are good, bad or brutal! Mardyke Hall, Lancaster Hall, Brookfield are some of the places I've come up with that have good rates over the summer.

I've gathered from the thread that Deanhall is desperate so I've crossed that off my list. Are their any others you could recommend to me?????? Any advice would be fanstatic:)

Houses would be a good bit cheaper I'd say, €50 a week max.

Hey! I am going to spend the next autumn semester at the UCC as an Erasmus-student. I am actually looking for a place to live. I thought about the Jennings Pool Apartments - does someone live there or has experiences? :)

Apollo17 wrote: »
    Hey! I am going to spend the next autumn semester at the UCC as an Erasmus-student. I am actually looking for a place to live. I thought about the Jennings Pool Apartments - does someone live there or has experiences? :)

I've lived there, really nice apartments. Especially if you get one of the ensuite rooms - They're really spacious

x43r0 wrote: »
    I've lived there, really nice apartments. Especially if you get one of the ensuite rooms - They're really spacious

Sounds good, but I will only get a single room - are they also ok?

And does the rooms really look like on these photos? :)
    http://www.brookfieldvillage.ie/jennings-pool-apartments-student-accommodation.html

Apollo17 wrote: »
    Sounds good, but I will only get a single room - are they also ok?

And does the rooms really look like on these photos? :)
    http://www.brookfieldvillage.ie/jennings-pool-apartments-student-accommodation.html

Yeah those photos are accurate. The single rooms are nice too

Ok cool - I have one final question: How is the internet connection there? I read that at the Brookfield Apartments there isn't the best one - how is the situation at Jennings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Looking for a place from may to august. Was looking at arcadia hall as i'm working in the city centre. anyone have any experience there or any suggestions? internet connection and proximity to the city centre are really important!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jubbles100

Houses would be a good bit cheaper I'd say, €50 a week max.

Any idea what's the best way to acquire a house, website etc? Myself and a friend are looking for somewhere for the summer months??

• Advertisement

UCC accommodation office, they keep a list of them afaik.

Advertisement