Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭chaoskitten_DF

I do like going out and parties, but at the same time I do need quiet now and again, especially when I need to study. But everyone has said that there is noise and parties etc. at every complex, so I guess no matter where I went I'd be faced with that kind of thing. The rest sounds good though, thanks :)

No bother! Just a heads up, usually during normal term time Thursday nights can be kinda noisy because that's the night most people go out. But it usually stops around 12ish. :)
    Make friends with the warden Gerry! He's actually a grand person and if you're friendly with him he'll be good to you! :) He was to me anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

No bother! Just a heads up, usually during normal term time Thursday nights can be kinda noisy because that's the night most people go out. But it usually stops around 12ish. :)
    Make friends with the warden Gerry! He's actually a grand person and if you're friendly with him he'll be good to you! :) He was to me anyway!

Thanks! I'll remember that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

anyone recommend any good 4 bed house around UCC area?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MzMollz

Hey CaoimheCweeva, Im also booked into The Village. Seems like a nice place but as you said no matter where we go we are going to get noise...it is a place full of students!

chaoskitten_DF, it'll be my first year in Cork so cant say what Jennings Pool are like but did go and see them. They looked nice and in a great spot esp for the Health Sciences complex. Have you seen them before?

Hey MzMollz, yay! Finally someone else who's booked there :) Did you go see it?

• Advertisement

I did, was down there 2wks ago. Have you been down? Its nice, they are doing all the apartments at the moment, putting in an extra bathroom to each. Will you be heading to ucc?

No, I never went down to see any accommodation. I only actually began looking about a week ago, saw the Student Village and thought it looked nice and the cost was good, thankfully they still had places left. Yup, HOPEFULLY heading to UCC, fingers crossed!

Ya it is nice, esp compared to the others...brookfield shocked me! Ya im heading to do midwifery, going in as a mature student so have accepted my place already. What are you hoping to study?

Yeah I heard loads of bad things about Brookfield! So I'm happy I'm not staying there, and I had been considering there earlier in the year! I'm hoping to do Environmental and Earth System Sciences .. if I don't get it, then I'm off to Tralee :/ so hopefully the points don't go up too much!

Fingers crossed for you!

• Advertisement

Thanks ! :)

MzMollz wrote: »
    Hey CaoimheCweeva, Im also booked into The Village. Seems like a nice place but as you said no matter where we go we are going to get noise...it is a place full of students!

chaoskitten_DF, it'll be my first year in Cork so cant say what Jennings Pool are like but did go and see them. They looked nice and in a great spot esp for the Health Sciences complex. Have you seen them before?

Aye, I viewed it last year with my friends. It's only open to second years and up. I've heard some shocking things about Brookfield XD But Jenning's Pool should hopefully be ok. :)
    The Village is grand, I was just disappointed because of the way the place went towards the end of the year. :( Especially considering that the noise during study month meant I couldn't stay there at night really or I'd get no sleep. :(

really?? And it cam across that they ran it really tight. Told me no noise after 11pm. Can you remember did they seperate the 1st years much?

Where you heading to ucc chaoskitten_DF? Wondering what the walk actually is. Ill be based in the Brookfield Complex.

MzMollz wrote: »
    really?? And it cam across that they ran it really tight. Told me no noise after 11pm. Can you remember did they seperate the 1st years much?

Where you heading to ucc chaoskitten_DF? Wondering what the walk actually is. Ill be based in the Brookfield Complex.

I thought it was good too. :( It seemed so up until about halfway through. I can remember for example one night where a guy must have taken something dodgy and was roaring and screaming out in the corridor. He literally went berserk! It was shocking!
    Usually the noise could last up to 12 at night, occasionally a little longer depending. I was very surprised because the reviews I had been given were far better.

I was in with 1st years :) They normally do separate them out as far as I know unless you request to be in with someone in particular :)
    Contrary to the Village's website, its actually a 20 min walk to main campus from there, not 5 min. It's 5 mins to the Western Gateway building. I'm doing archaeology and Celtic Civ so I'm on main campus myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ACatInAHat

5 bedroom newly furnished house available for the coming academic year. Only seven minutes walk from U.C.C.

Available for viewing from beginning of August.

P.M. me for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 seandooleyking

Does anyone know how many people it is per apartment in The Village? Can't wait to go up in 5 weeks. :D Also, does anyone know are Cork strict on ID? I'm only 17, what's my best bet? :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how many people it is per apartment in The Village? Can't wait to go up in 5 weeks. :D Also, does anyone know are Cork strict on ID? I'm only 17, what's my best bet? :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm staying there too hopefully :) I asked, and they said it's about like 4-6 per apartment :)
    And I haven't gone out there myself, but I know people who have when they were 17 and they were grand .. are you 18 soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 cookiecake

Depends on the night you go out , Some places are over 21s and 23s , so You havent a chance there with them places unless your in a big group and everyone is over 21 then the bouncer might take pity on you if your lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Hi all, wondering if anyone knows much about the post-grad accomodation at Dennehy's Cross? Looks very nice but a bit pricey, although at least you are sharing with max 2 others. Coming for the first time to Cork I thought it might suit me better going for that as it would be much less hassle to sort. Otherwise I'd be looking for something for myself on Daft but not terribly impressed with the single-bed appartments I can find so far. Thanks!

The smallest apartments are 4 beds, but they're usually taken by older students I think and I think they're more expensive (maybe call them to ask :) )
    Most other apartments are 5 or 6 bedroom but I was in a 5 bed last year but there was only 4 of us living there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 notnormal

Also, does anyone know are Cork strict on ID? I'm only 17, what's my best bet? :rolleyes:

In my experience Cork is one of the strictest student cities for ID. I was 17 for all of first year (didn't turn 18 'til May, boo hiss) and the few nights I tried to go out in town, on "quiet" nights, ie not freshers week/rag week, I never got in!

House parties are the job though, and if you get in with the right people you'll never be short a session to go to :)

If house parties aren't your thing though I hope for your sake that you turn 18 soon...

- 4th year

• Registered Users Posts: 26 seandooleyking

notnormal wrote: »

If house parties aren't your thing though I hope for your sake that you turn 18 soon...

I love house parties but I do like to go out and dance too. :( What's the best form of fake ID to use? I'm 18 in March but everyone says I look older.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jazzzzy

Could anyone recommend a 3-bedroom house near to UCC? If anyone has the number of a previous landlord or could point me in some direction towards such a property, that'd be much appreciated.

Lived in Deans Hall (Crosses Green) last year - really would recommend it to anyone thinking of living there! The location is absolutely fantastic. You'll never, ever have to get a taxi after a night out, can literally 'run' home from Grand Parade as I've often done within two minutes! The staff and security people are great, if there's ever any hassle they'll sort it out and if for something gets broken, it'll be fixed in no time. It can be loud at peak times such as Freshers week and Rag week but nothing too bad - put the apartment phone off the hook and you'll be grand :D Would stay there again but the only downside is that is is a little expensive, so on the hunt for a cheaper house this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ACatInAHat

Bump
    ACatInAHat wrote: »
    5 bedroom newly furnished house available for the coming academic year. Only seven minutes walk from U.C.C.

Available for viewing from beginning of August.

P.M. me for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ASA

jazzzzy wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a 3-bedroom house near to UCC? If anyone has the number of a previous landlord or could point me in some direction towards such a property, that'd be much appreciated.

Lived in Deans Hall (Crosses Green) last year - really would recommend it to anyone thinking of living there! The location is absolutely fantastic. You'll never, ever have to get a taxi after a night out, can literally 'run' home from Grand Parade as I've often done within two minutes! The staff and security people are great, if there's ever any hassle they'll sort it out and if for something gets broken, it'll be fixed in no time. It can be loud at peak times such as Freshers week and Rag week but nothing too bad - put the apartment phone off the hook and you'll be grand :D Would stay there again but the only downside is that is is a little expensive, so on the hunt for a cheaper house this year :D

We have a number of featured properties on our website, here. There might be something that fits your requirements.

All the best

Accommodation office

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

Anyone have any info. on Castle White accommodation?

Anyone have any info. on Castle White accommodation?

Hi Andrew

You can fin information for Castlewhite, here, on our website. Alternatively you can look at Campus Accommodation's website here.

All the best

Accommodation Office

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mackay

Hi there,

I would be looking for short-term accommodation (that is good value), from September to December. Is this available anywhere in the vicinity of the University?

No more than €120 per week preferably.

Mackay wrote: »
    Hi there,

I would be looking for short-term accommodation (that is good value), from September to December. Is this available anywhere in the vicinity of the University?

No more than €120 per week preferably.

Hi Mackay

Here is a list of landlords that accept short term tenancy on our website.

Short term accommodation.

All the best

Accommodation Office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 MedGirl17

I've paid my deposit on Victoria Mills and now I'm just waiting for results and offers to find our if I got my course :/. What kind of utensils/appliances/etc. are in the kitchens there? And are they any good?

Advertisement