Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭castykidd

For anyone interested!!

I have a double room on 10 Gilabbey street, just down from Subway! one guy didnt pass his exams and backed out so really stuck and need someone to move in asap, room is available from this friday!

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1231352

double room shared bathroom, 265 per month ex bills, bills split between us.

mod edit - please PM user for mobile

rob

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ASA

sheeba7 wrote: »
    What happens if I book accommodation for UCC , go up in the rechecks and move to college in Dublin?
    Will I have to pay 5000 for the accommodation in Cork?
    Anybody here been in the same position ?

Hi Sheeba7

You will most likely lose your deposit on the room. As for the remaining rent, if you have not signed a contract you do not have to pay any rent to them. With regards losing rent, it is possible that you may lose the equivalent of one months rent.

If you want to talk to us about this further you can send me a PM and we can discuss it.

All the best

Accommodation Office

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got into a postgrad in cork, not a past student and i'm moving into University hall today but i just realized that while i may have done the first registration will i be able to get onto the network or will i have to wait till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dani404

Hi I was wondering is there anyone out there looking for accomodation in cork for college.. im startin a postgrad in UCC and found a really nice house but can only b rented if i gt a few more people.. its only 10 mins frm ucc and a really nice area 70 for sinlge an 80 for double.. im 23 a girl and outgoing so i dont want really boring people ha or also to b having house parties every week either.. anyone looking to rent ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Diesel94

***STUDENT ACCOMMODATION DELUXE ROOM TO RENT***

Hi, I have a deluxe room to rent out in Victoria Mills Student Accommodation which is just less than a ten minute walk from UCC. I dropped out of my course so I won't be staying there anymore. The room is a deluxe room which is about three times the size of a normal room with an ensuite bathroom. I will be renting the room out for less than the price I paid for it so please pm me for price details if you are interested or know anyone who would be. Please spread the word thanks :)

• Advertisement

1 Double bedroom to rent on Gillabbey Street, Cork
    Very close to UCC and city centre.
    Quite large double room with shared bathroom

All bills split equally when once they arrive usually every 2 months.

Loads of amenities!!!
    42 hd tv
    Blu ray
    surround sound system
    full upc with unlimited 50mb broadband and tv
    Dishwasher
    Gas heating and gas hob and cooker/grill.

Completely furnished.
    Looking for an easy going guy or girl, to live with 3 other students

Viewing is a must!!!
    Available from now until 1st June 2013

Cost for room = 300 euro
    bills split 4 ways

contact Robert
    0871539357 for viewings or any questions!

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Doppler

Hey. I'm hoping to move out in about 5 or 6 weeks, does anyone know of anywhere that will have a free room around then? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭chaoskitten_DF

Does anyone know if Victoria Station still has issues with dampness? I heard a few years ago there was a lot of problems but has it improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shonagh94

Hi guys,
    I'm just wondering if anyone could suggest accommodation that's about halfway betweem the music school and the main campus/pharmacy building? Myself and the boyo will both be in UCC next year and we're hoping to get somewhere that'll suit us both. Student accommodation would be preferable, we don't want to live together just yet, 'cause we'd kill each other..
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Conchor

Anyone know when and how to apply for on campus accommodation for CAO students ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Messy_hair

Applications open in February, http://www.ucccampusaccommodation.com/student_accommodation.cfm Online application

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Conchor

Messy_hair wrote: »
    Applications open in February, http://www.ucccampusaccommodation.com/student_accommodation.cfm Online application

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

when do people mainly start looking for houses? is it done online mainly?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 carlos123455

Hey, I'm looking for a house or an apartment for next year, has to be cheap enough.. The overall number of occupants doesn't matter too much.

Want to try book something soon, any suggestions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Looking for a place for two (girls) for next year. Somewhere near Barrack St., College Rd or in/around the city would be ideal, and at a pretty cheap rate. PM thankyou! (:

Well the place im living in this year is perfect, i love it its down on gilabbey street and I will definitely be looking into renting it again next semester. At the moment its 300 a month plus bills which are about 50-60 euro every 2 months inc gas/heating/electric and upc tv and internet.

IF your really interested i can ask the landlord into possibly putting a deposit down for next year too?
    let me know. two double rooms sharing a bathroom with a master bedroom on the 3rd floor with ensuite

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stephen drohan

cork.jpg
    I am looking to move to cork and was wondering if anyone stayed here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stephen drohan

i was thinking of moving to cork has anyone stayed here?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Anyone know anything about Carrigbarre?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

danslevent wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Carrigbarre?

Looks like a nice spot, fairly pricey though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

As I live at home I've no experience of houses in the area but most people I know have gotten their houses through the UCC accommodation website.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Anyone know for the summer lets on the UCC site, do the rentals usually start in June as I'll need summer accom for June, July and August.. thanks.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rawebb

Hi

I have a nice double room with brand new bed and plenty storage space available immediately for €310/mth. The house is in clashduv estate so It's a 10 min walk to Ucc, and 5 mins to lidl and cuh.
    There are two other mature/phd students living there now both in their late 20's.
    The house has 2 bathrooms, large kitchen with separate living and dining rooms, a storage garage, off st parking, a large front and back garden and a deck with a shed.

If you are interested in viewing it, email me on rachelawebb@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xsawahhx

I'll be in my final year at UCC next year and I'm searching for apartments. I've always liked the look of The Spires, but I don't know of anyone who has lived there. I went there today and viewed an apartment, it seemed nice enough.
    Has anyone lived there? Any general information on the place? Noise levels, problems with the apartments or staff? Anything? Also, I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me what the internet is like? I've had experiences with awful internet connections in student complexes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Murfus

Hey, just wondering has anybody stayed in Dean's hall in crosses green? Looking into accommadation for next year. Quite expensive at nearly 110 a week :eek: is it worth it? Many people living there going to UCC? Or is it the students from surronding colleges that are attracted to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 psychoniamh

Hey!

I lived there last year, and really enjoyed it :D I found that the staff were really good, as well as the security. They have an on-site caretaker during the day so if ever anything breaks, he'll just hop up and sort it out. At night, there is a security man who strolls the premises. They can be strict with overnight guest sometimes, but mostly just during Freshers week and R&G week, otherwise you're grand. It is a class location for nights out, never have to pay for taxis! I was living in a three bed apt and found the sitting room and bedrooms to be quite spacious. It was popular for those on Erasmus and I think there were a good few people in other city colleges, but mostly UCC. I would recommend, though the price can be quite off-putting, but if it's not too much of a stretch in funds, go for it :D

Opinions on Brookfield anyone? Thinking about booking it for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Going into first year in September and looking for accom and Vic Station has caught me eye (cheap with good promises) however searching this website it sounds like hell with problems with dampness and the like. How is it really or has it changed?

Hi, im thinking about living in brookfield next year. What is it like nowadays? I heard a few bad things about it before :/ also, whats the story with the gym ther? Is it free for studenta living there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

Hi, im thinking about living in brookfield next year. What is it like nowadays? I heard a few bad things about it before :/ also, whats the story with the gym ther? Is it free for studenta living there?

I was there myself and thought 'twas a lovely spot! Depends on your housemates - 8 is a lot in a house, but it's nice there always being someone around :) it's not luxurious, but it's certainly more than adequate, and I'd say cheaper than some of the other locations. You're only a few minutes walk to college as well, which is handy. I'd recommend it anyway!

Nah gym isnt free, although when I was there they ran promotions where it was free from 7.30 -9 on a Sunday and Wednesday or something. You're only 5 mins from the mardyke anyway!

Advertisement