Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading in games in Smyths?

Options
  • 29-01-2007 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering how much you get for it, and also if you can use "In Store Credit" like in Gamestop/Game, and also use that credit for other things in Smyths like Transformers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Come on, someone's got to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I'm not too sure but I think the exchange rate is pretty crap, something like a tenner a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Rozie wrote:
    and also use that credit for other things in Smyths like Transformers.

...of course there's an ulterior motive here :p

Who does the best trade ins?

Rozie wrote:
    Who does the best trade ins?

i'm told xtra-vision, but i don't trade in enough games to actually know that for sure. but store credit wont get you transformers toys...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

i'm told xtra-vision, but i don't trade in enough games to actually know that for sure. but store credit wont get you transformers toys...

Yeah Xtravision as far as I know. Have only traded in in Gamestop before, but I stopped when I was offered 2 euro for an Xbox game.
    Moral of the story? Dunno. Something about caveat emptor i suppose.

Yeah Xtravision as far as I know. Have only traded in in Gamestop before, but I stopped when I was offered 2 euro for an Xbox game.
    Moral of the story? Dunno. Something about caveat emptor i suppose.

I've gotten 99c for stuff in Xtravision before. They're pretty terrible.

Gamestop "can" be good depending on what you're trading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The only things you get nothing for in Gamestop are Xbox games because the 360 has almost taken over that market or games that are like 4 years old. Not sure about Smyth's though. Best thing is to take your games round to all the shops and see if you get more cash in other shops than credit in Smiths? Some games may be worth more in some than others.

Rozie wrote:
    I've gotten 99c for stuff in Xtravision before. They're pretty terrible.

Gamestop "can" be good depending on what you're trading in.

99c for what? fifa 04? you have to consider the fact that these games have to be sold off again, at a profit (business, y'know?). no one wants smelly old xbox games, or old yearly-updated games like fifa, so stores wont offer much for them (to try and make you NOT trade it in).

99c for what? fifa 04? you have to consider the fact that these games have to be sold off again, at a profit (business, y'know?). no one wants smelly old xbox games, or old yearly-updated games like fifa, so stores wont offer much for them (to try and make you NOT trade it in).

They were year old Gamecube games. Well two of them were, two were older, all the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

anybody got any decent gamecube games gimme a pm, i might buy them :)

Advertisement