Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot406 coupe, the diesel one

Options
  • 29-01-2007 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

My sister is on for buying 1 of these, has anyone got any advice on them. Its the 2.2hdi, what bhp are they? Whats the economy like considering its a diesel. Do they all have the leather seats.
    Anyone here own one, are they as reliable as i`d imagine them to be or have they any little common niggly issues.

Would it be worth her while trying to find 1 in the uk?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Stunning looks. Fabulous design in the great decades old Peugeot tradition of coupes based on mainstream saloons

For low running cost, the diesel is a good option. I'd go for the 3.0 V6 petrol myself though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've always loved the look of these cars, and am actually considering one for my next car, though that's about 2 years away -- I'm determined to have the loan for the current one fully paid off before I trade it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I wasn't overly impressed with the 3.0 V6. T'was nice no question, definately more of a tourer. Lovely looking car. A good bit cheaper in England. HDi is 136bhp. Should get 45mpg maybe. Not all of them have leather, some have half leather. Avoid that kak beige interior! Don't know anything about reliability on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Mate has a 99 V6, brought in from England. Less than 80k on it, very good nick, landed here for something like €6.5k. He loves it but drives it as a tourer, not a sports car. Unfortunately some bottom-feeding scum bag took a shine to it last week and popped the door lock but didn't get any further than robbing his sports bag out of the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

some have no leather,

its a peugeot so it is unlikely to be as reliable as you assume, a friend had the 2 litre petrol, he liked it but a lot went wrong, fiddly bits with the electrics etc.

Nice looking car, as noted above more of a tourer than a sports coupe, wouldnt be keen on the interior myself either.

Advertisement