Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work in France for a 5th year?

• 29-01-2007 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm a fifth year studying French. I'm planning to go to French college till the first week of August this year. I'd also like to go to France - to work - at some stage. Ideally, I'd like to go after French college when my French would be better.

Would anyone be able to offer advice on where I should go in Frace (I'm thinking the south - Cote D'Azur, etc., the tourtisty parts)? And what type of jobs I could get - camp site rep? Or, would working in Disney Land Paris be possible? I've no clue. And does anyone know how hard it would be to get a job?

I can only work for around three weeks as I'm back at school at the start of September. Would this be possible? I suppose working as an au-pair would be possible...but I'm a guy, and that isn't very common is it?

Hope someone can help me. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Ciaran,

you're almost certainly talking seasonal work. The problem as I see it is you're possibly a bit young for most jobs, even the more menial seasonal stuff.

If you're looking for a couple of weeks work, options include campsite rep (although I suspect you're too young) or hotel/restaurant work. I know that in Brittany most years they have some trouble filling seasonal work placements in restaurants and hotels. I would imagine your French will not be up to scratch for being a waiter, but it may be possible to sort something out in the way of washing dishes.

A good place to start looking is a the ANPE's website. Also worth a look is the Ouest-France jobs website. It may be difficult to get something sorted out in advance of going there though - I know that the last couple of times I worked in France, I waited until I got there before I sorted out a job,

I hated au-pairing. I would never, ever recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Don't forget about Belgium....although bruxelles has a bit of an unemployent problem i think.

Advertisement