Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish People so Ugly? [Venue Change + Michael Mee]

Options
  • 29-01-2007 2:42am
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

...Is the motion for the first B&L Society comedy debate in Th M in the Arts block on Wednesday 31st January at 1pm.

We've got Comedians Damien Clarke (a very funny Australian) and Andrew Stanley (a reliable Irish one)! Admission is free of course.

Hope to see you all there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ha ha ha ha ha... funny, funny motion. Almost as funny as herpes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Blush_01 wrote:
    Ha ha ha ha ha... funny, funny motion. Almost as funny as herpes.
    How does herpes leave the hospital?
    On crotches

What's the difference between love and herpes?
    Herpes lasts forever

That Damien Clarke guy is a legend saw him at Cat Laughs in KK and he brought the house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

^^proof that herpes, is in fact, hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

Irish people are ugly because the Viking raids resulted in the plunder of all the hot women from this fair Isle. Hence the reason Swedes and Norwegians are of stunning stock.

I for one intend to travel to the land of the viking raiders to reclaim our lost bloodlines... and bonk them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

^Now there's a patriot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 node

Pantsless wrote:
    Irish people are ugly because the Viking raids resulted in the plunder of all the hot women from this fair Isle. Hence the reason Swedes and Norwegians are of stunning stock.

I for one intend to travel to the land of the viking raiders to reclaim our lost bloodlines... and bonk them

Now that's funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Pantsless wrote:
    and bonk them
    And they said Romantic Ireland was dead and gone. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Quote:Originally Posted by Pantsless
    and bonk them

Quote:Originally Posted by Singingstranger:
    And they said Romantic Ireland was dead and gone.

Seemingly it went away at about the same time as this poster's pants...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

pantsless wrote:

Oh? Where'd you hear that? It wouldn't have been my hypothesis, would it? :)

See the B&L newsletter for my, more elaborate version of that thesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,769 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pantsless wrote:

Im Irish and Im sexy

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Oh, by the way, the venue has changed to th M in the arts block. It's still on at 1pm though. And still free. And I still hope to see everyone there. I'll be signing autographs before and after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'll be signing autographs before and after the gig.
    /Prepares cleavage for signage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

/helps prepare The_Minister's cleavage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I'm glad I read your post Hullaballoo, I was about to give you an earful when I read the thread title ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ah come on now, lets be honest...the irish are generally a pack of dog faced bastards....since we are in college we are mostly exposed to young fairly well nurished individuals so our view may be distorted...i was in a bar munich in munich recently (one of many) and i was havin a bit of banter with two local lads, one of whom had been round ireland not too long ago...he had nothing but praise for our fair isle...until it came to the subject of irish women & he stopped smiling and looked grave as he shook his head and said..."seriously, how do you cope?"

now this is one mans opinion (i happen to think there are many fine ass irish women out there, particularly on boards.ie :rolleyes: ) but this is not the first time i've heard this view aired...talking to some australian girls (giggity) on a trip to thailand a while back i was informed that they loved irish guys...because they were cute in an open witty charming kind of way...but that many of them were as ugly as sin...they assured me that this didnt apply to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

I agree with Ferdi! Donkey Nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

Pantsless wrote:
    I agree with Ferdi! Donkey Nation.
    Yeah? Well no phenomenon is more Irish than ugly man + pretty girl. You only have to stand on Grafton Street to see that. It's not our gender letting the side down.

Darkbloom wrote:
    Yeah? Well no phenomenon is more Irish than ugly man + pretty girl. You only have to stand on Grafton Street to see that. It's not our gender letting the side down.
    i think thats more down to the 16 coats of Ronseal sported by the average Irish burd./

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

ferdi wrote:
    i think thats more down to the 16 coats of Ronseal sported by the average Irish burd./

No, dear, I'm referring to general looks, with or without makeup.

If we want to make crass generalisations, surely we can say: Irish men are too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I must be the exception that proves the rule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Darkbloom wrote:

If we want to make crass generalisations, surely we can say: Irish men are too short.

Seconded.there all titches

Darkbloom wrote:
    too short for what? i myself am fairly pocket sized and yet i find i can perform most day to day tasks quite well. but then i'm only half irish.

listen sugar, i'm not saying irish women are not pretty, i myself have found in excess of ten thousand irish women hot in my brief life so far, so dont worry about it.

i'm not picking on the ladeez or the fellaz, just pointing out that if we are honest with ourselves, the irish are not the best looking nation. this i put down to genetics and an over consumption of alcohol. we do however have a far more pleasant temperament than most of the other peoples i have encountered.

So this is a COMEDY debate then, yeah? :rolleyes:

Irish people look ugly to other Irish people because we're so used to them. Personally, I've seen plenty of Irish people that I would class as absolutely stunning, but it doesn't compare to when you're in a foreign country at all.

It's all relative. 'Scuse the pun.

By the way, I just booked Michael Mee for this. Anyone who has ever seen this guy will tell you how much of a legend he is. I just saw him tonight and he was on fire!

Ferdi wrote:
    i'm not picking on the ladeez or the fellaz, just pointing out that if we are honest with ourselves, the irish are not the best looking nation.
    I think it would be fair to say that there are way more good looking girls in Ireland than lads. Especially in UCD. There are some hot guys but for every hot guy there's about 5 hot girls, and I'm not talking about the "you've been tangoed" girls

I didn't know you were bi justcoz.

Stop stalking my posts freakshow! Do you have nothing better to do at this time of night?!

Edit: I take what I can get

(obviously joking)

I guess beggars can't be choosers.

• Advertisement

Pity about the timing. Sounds like it'll be pretty good fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement