Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish People so Ugly? [Venue Change + Michael Mee]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Well having ugly parents the odds were always stacked against me... what's your excuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Darkbloom wrote:
    No, dear, I'm referring to general looks, with or without makeup.

If we want to make crass generalisations, surely we can say: Irish men are too short.

Not me thats for sure.I'm big :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Chakar wrote:
    Not me thats for sure.I'm big :)
    /walks over a rests his elbows on Chakars head.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its a lot harder to rock their head back and forward if you just use your elbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I've seen Michael Mee twice at a dinner thingy and at Cat Laughs, he was great one night and well really sh!t the other so hopefully he'll be on form for this:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

I used to think irish woman weren't all that. Everytime i compared em to the women back "home" they'd come up short. However recently (ie past few years) i've started to realise that irish woman are becoming more and more attractive (to me). I don't know whether this is because most dutch women i've spoken to are quite shallow (and yes im saying irish women aint as) or because my taste is changing but i do find irish woman a lot more apealing than i used to. The influx of foreigners which i assume as irish may also be helping of course.
    If we want to make crass generalisations, surely we can say: Irish men are too short.
    I'm not (100% certified) Irish and i'm too short (my words not anyone elses :p). There are short people everywhere, don't blame the irish genes alone ;)

Edit: I got a free hour from 1-2 so may had along...that is if i manage to get up on time. I feel a hangover coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

By the way, I just booked Michael Mee for this. Anyone who has ever seen this guy will tell you how much of a legend he is. I just saw him tonight and he was on fire!
    He was my criminal law lecturer.

Nice chap, last time I ran into him was at the cat laughs a few years ago.

I had him for Contract Law....sound man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

JustCoz wrote:
    I think it would be fair to say that there are way more good looking girls in Ireland than lads. Especially in UCD. There are some hot guys but for every hot guy there's about 5 hot girls, and I'm not talking about the "you've been tangoed" girls
    Then Ive no idea who you're talking about cos there is a hideous ammount of makeup used by the average irish girl, and a higher than average number in UCD.

Seriously, the ammount of girls Ive seen pre make up that I wouldnt recognise after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Pantsless wrote:
    Irish people are ugly because the Viking raids resulted in the plunder of all the hot women from this fair Isle. Hence the reason Swedes and Norwegians are of stunning stock.

I for one intend to travel to the land of the viking raiders to reclaim our lost bloodlines... and bonk them

:D I wouldn't argue with that. I work with swedes and Norwegians and yes they are quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I thank God everyday for this: a guy doesn't need good looks to score a gorgeous girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I thank God everyday for this: a guy doesn't need good looks to score a gorgeous girl.

...just money:p

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

...and to be able to wash himself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Then Ive no idea who you're talking about cos there is a hideous ammount of makeup used by the average irish girl, and a higher than average number in UCD.

Seriously, the ammount of girls Ive seen pre make up that I wouldnt recognise after it.
    This is very true indeed, although our new foreign friends appear more attractive, a lot of em do plaster on the make up too, dress incredibly scruffy(but clean) and personalities are nice but weird and not very fun in general, to be honest. As for foreign men here, again scruffy, nice pleasant personalities, strange and boring, this excluded italians who theink theyare gods gift, yes your pretty but in a gay looking way and your boring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Umaro wrote:
    ....just nimble hands, and a knowledge of pharmecology

....just nimble hands, and a knowledge of pharmecology
    lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So how did the debate go?Did the beautiful minds of B+L soc definitively decide that we are a nation of mingers?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm stiffling a rebuttal.

No, in fact, we decided that we are a nation of beautiful people. A very convincing performance by the only prop fellow managed to sway the crowd.

I'm stiffling a rebuttal.

No, in fact, we decided that we are a nation of beautiful people. A very convincing performance by the only prop fellow managed to sway the crowd.
    justice prevails.....was there a good turnout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I agree that alot of girls in UCD wear too much make-up but I think that there are alot of naturally beautiful girls too. But saying Irish girls wear too much make-up is a generalisation. There are plenty who prefer the au natural look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

my last point on this is that yes of course loads of irish girls are naturally beautiful (i'm seeing one of them at the moment \o/) but the fact is that lads do not have the benifit of ANY makeup...think of that for a sec...if all the girls in UCD were completely banned from wearing any kind of make up...no lippy, no eyeliner..nada.

maybe their natural beauty would then be visible..."NO Make-Up Day (in aid of the orphans of Alaska fund) anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

ferdi wrote:
    my last point on this is that yes of course loads of irish girls are naturally beautiful (i'm seeing one of them at the moment \o/) but the fact is that lads do not have the benifit of ANY makeup...think of that for a sec...if all the girls in UCD were completely banned from wearing any kind of make up...no lippy, no eyeliner..nada.

maybe their natural beauty would then be visible..."NO Make-Up Day (in aid of the orphans of Alaska fund) anyone?

That would be the stuff of legend. I'd give generously to see that.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

ferdi wrote:

I too would give generously to such a commendable cause.

ferdi wrote:

That is actually a really good idea. Even though the thought of it feels me with dread cos I do like my bronzer!! Am still organising my positive body image day so might make it a no-makeup day as well.If anyone else has any other ideas let me know! Was going to use this image on the posters cos I quite like it..what dya you think (I have permission to use it)
    http://www-womens.cusu.cam.ac.uk/campaigns/positivebodyimage/positivebodyimage.pdf

I fúcking hate the term 'real' women. Yeah, that women is thinner then you, she is clearly not a 'real woman'. No doubt that gym going is reducing her fake:real ratio.

Lets pass that body complex from the fat girls to the skinny ones...yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Some research suggests
    that young women are more
    frightened of gaining weight
    than losing their parents or
    nuclear war.

Because few would have reason to fear losing their parents and noone should be expecting a nuclear war any time soon but gaining weight is quite likely and within your sphere of influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

Sangre wrote:
    I fúcking hate the term 'real' women. Yeah, that women is thinner then you, she is clearly not a 'real woman'. No doubt that gym going is reducing her fake:real ratio.

Lets pass that body complex from the fat girls to the skinny ones...yay!

Yeah, dividing people into two extremes is the way to get rid of that. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

yeh the stuff on the poster is incredibly biased, short on facts and pretty crap

yeh the stuff on the poster is incredibly biased, short on facts and pretty crap

its not the poster just the image.I thought it was cool :( yeah the facts on the poster there are silly and biased and will not be used!

If anyone has any ideas pm me,!merci

• Advertisement

Darkbloom perm. banned for personal abuse of a mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement