Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish People so Ugly? [Venue Change + Michael Mee]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

you're kidding right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

And so it begins...

You know, a lot of people could benefit from a no-makeup day. There are so many pretty girls out there whose skin is in absolute bits because it never gets a chance to breathe from all the makeup it's suffocated under. Leaving the makeup off for a day would give it a chance to heal a bit. Maybe they'd be less of a "Monet" then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Blush 01 wrote:
    You know, a lot of people could benefit from a no-makeup day. There are so many pretty girls out there whose skin is in absolute bits because it never gets a chance to breathe from all the makeup it's suffocated under. Leaving the makeup off for a day would give it a chance to heal a bit. Maybe they'd be less of a "Monet" then
    I agree, I think it's a great idea! Should it ever come to pass, count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Fantastic idea. I don't wear make-up everyday anyway, might as well do it for a good cause. I'm not sure how it would work though...would people just not wear make-up and donate to charity for the priviledge...or be sponsored for it? Seems a little messy, but definitely clever. You can do something with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MSISSgrad

Blush_01 wrote:
    And so it begins...

You know, a lot of people could benefit from a no-makeup day. There are so many pretty girls out there whose skin is in absolute bits because it never gets a chance to breathe from all the makeup it's suffocated under. Leaving the makeup off for a day would give it a chance to heal a bit. Maybe they'd be less of a "Monet" then.

Good idea..but i have a feeling that many 'attractive' girls will be sick on that day and wont be able to come in.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

you're kidding right?
    Yeah, he is.

I'm not though. Darkbloom banned for personal abuse of a moderator. No one else would accept it, so I don't expect that anyone will have any complaints about this ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

No make-up day would be amazing. However, the only people that would do it are the people who dont wear that much make-up to begin with! There's no way any of the ridiculously dressed up and made up people that UCD is infested with would do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

beanbyb wrote:
    No make-up day would be amazing. However, the only people that would do it are the people who dont wear that much make-up to begin with! There's no way any of the ridiculously dressed up and made up people that UCD is infested with would do it!
    True that! I would love to see the results though! You'd never get all the oompa lumpa's to go for it though. Their true identities as pasty Irish girls would be exposed forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

Yeah its a while since anyone was banned ... itchy trigger fingers and all that.

The debate was a good laugh if not offensive to women.

Ps: Your all idiots

pps :personal abuse of a mod.. roffles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Off-topic: I think that it was the idea of him being permanently banned that raised some eyebrows.

On-Topic: I used to work in a job that started at seven a.m. I saw girls in their natural state. I am now firmly convinced that that is why the Catholic Church forbade sex before marraige - they didn't want us to see the true state of our brides until we couldn't run away. Girls are imprfect creatures, covered with blemishes.
    We shouldn't be having a no-makeup day, we should be buying them trowels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Genetics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Its official - "No Make Up Day" will take place next monday. Proceeds will no longer go to the 'Orphans of Alaska' fund and will instead go to the 'Daddy needs a new pair of shoes' fund. All donations payable to ferdi.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Oh, I forgot, the ban is for three days.

I reckon the next debate will be within the month. I'm just trying to decide what the motion should be.

Are you on the B&L committee?

and yeah it was the perma-ban that I was referring to.

I am the debates convenor for the B&L, why?

The tone of conversations are easily lost in writing. Just that I didnt realise is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Oh, I forgot, the ban is for three days.

I reckon the next debate will be within the month. I'm just trying to decide what the motion should be.

Can I make a suggestion......since the England vs Ireland match will be on around then maybe some sort of English/Irish comedy debate??

panda100 wrote:
    Can I make a suggestion......since the England vs Ireland match will be on around then maybe some sort of English/Irish comedy debate??

the....colours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

elmyra wrote:
    the....colours?

I thought colours was UCD v trinners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

panda100 wrote:
    I think what Shin might have meant was, if the Colours was called off because of security fears, I really don't fancy your changes of an Ireland vs England debate going ahead...

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote:
    which is basically Ireland V England, as anyone who was at it I think will agree

which is basically Ireland V England, as anyone who was at it I think will agree

QFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

Off-topic: I think that it was the idea of him being permanently banned that raised some eyebrows.

Him? I feel terribly ashamed that on a site full of English students, nobody picked up on the Lolita reference. I'm female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Niamh2010

Well i'm Irish & imho i'm not that bad looking :L We're quite a good looking race of people actually :/ Better than most :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Niamh2010 wrote: »
    Well i'm Irish & imho i'm not that bad looking :L We're quite a good looking race of people actually :/ Better than most :)

Bar myself and a few hundred others, we are not attractive as a race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Impassive

Why would someone register just to dig this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Really old thread that should be left alone is really old and should be left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Niamh2010 wrote: »
    silly girl,it wasnt about the 'physically' beauty....wait,was it?!

p/s;oh this zombie thread..sorry for replied in this :S

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

In many opinion Irish people are generally fat, ugly, alcoholic and flatulant. I said it four years ago and Ill say it again.

Piss of ya mingers!

Also is it sad that out of all the old hardcore UCD boards posters in this thread Im the only one left posting here. Hulla, SS, Elmyra, Panda. They have all died. Probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Lol at this thread...actually I have no idea why Irish people are so ugly... I have never dated an Irish man simply because I havnt found any appealling ones...I dont mean to sound shallow but I just don't find Irish guys attractive. Never have never will.

Think I'll stick to eastern europeans, middle east-asians and the occasional english hottie :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement