Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korn unplugged, and actually sounding good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Only in Dublin would anyone ever finish an argument about Metal with shup and bollocks in the same sentence. Makes me laugh. Onto the important matter though, KoRn, and I think the point we all seem to be missing is that this has managed to reinvent the bands music. I mean, beforehand, you had a band who (as it was mentioned here before) have been struggling for god knows how many years trying to produce an album as good as their first

(something Machine Head suffered with there for a while too - actually, come to think about it, an unplugged session for Machine Head would sound brilliant)

and never really getting the praise they deserve. With bands like Pantera and Biohazard gone, and Sepultura still lingering for a reunion, we need bands like KoRn to remind us that there are bands out there (from the early 90s) who can survive. So many of the bands that people taught could rival Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones (GNR, Nirvana, Blind Melon, Smashing Pumpkins, RATM) have managed to implode for various reasons and the flame on their candle has flickered out far too fast while these 70s and 80s bands continue to tour and remind us all that theyre still waiting to pass on the mantle.

What im saying basically, in a round about way, is that Korn deserve credit for being a Metal band who are constantly struggling to survive and adapt to the mainstream in the same way Metallica did with the Load/Reload albums. Reinvention is the only way to save face in the music world, and if we wish them away, we wont have any more legends left in 10 to 15 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Only in Dublin would anyone ever finish an argument about Metal with shup and bollocks in the same sentence.

I think you've just proved yourself wrong with that statement there Mots, I'm in Galway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Slayer are very definitely very mainstream. End of. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

as I have already stated i do not believe they are. Although my points of view are often out of sync with the majority of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

• Advertisement

Cheers man that looks REALLY ****ING GOOD< I CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

I don't know much of Korn's music at all, but I like that arrangment above.
    Would be interested to hear the Cure with them, out of interest after reading the thread here.

There is a small segmant of smith singing with Korn in that trailer.

Cheers man thanks for that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Beekay wrote:

Sexaaay!
    Exciting project. Is it due out here end of Feb too?

Edited: ok, re-read - due out in March, ok!

I was just on the MTV unplugged website and it says that they are showing the unplugged preformance tonight online!!!

Ahh crap i just tried to load a video from the site and it looks like we will not be able to watch it there. Only yhose in the us will be able to. :(

Go to http://www.kornspace.com They have a few vids from the performance up on it, i can't get mtv.com to work either.

YEAH the MTV site will only work for those in the us. Yeah i went to kornspace but there are 18 videos on teh korn site and there are only 7 on kornspace, and they take ages to download!!

Where on the Korn site?do ya mean the unplugged site?
    I'm lovin what songs i've heard so far on kornspace!

Yeah sorry I ment the unplugged site. YEAh Im loving the s0ongs too, although I cant get blind to work. does it work for you?? its supposed to be really different.

Yeah sorry I ment the unplugged site. YEAh Im loving the s0ongs too, although I cant get blind to work. does it work for you?? its supposed to be really different.

if ya go to http://www.korntv.co.uk they have one or two videos in the top story and Blind is one of them

Thanks. I just found out that blind actually works on the video box over on the right hand side of the homepage. I didnt really like blind that much aside from Munkey's first 2 deviations and the breakdown.

Most of the vids are up on you tube
    HERE

yeah ive seen those before. Apparently though there were 18 videos on the MTV site, there are only around 8 videos availible there .:(

• Advertisement

All of the videos can be viewed here.

http://www.mtv2.com/#series/19564

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Got the album today and it sounds very good, I'm a big fan but I wasn't sure if they could pull off an unplugged session. Fair play to them.

I also hear that they are playing the Point here in June, should be something to look forward to.

PCros wrote:

I also hear that they are playing the Point here in June, should be something to look forward to.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Where did ya hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

I'm working in the business at the moment. They have been pencilled in for the 6th, 7th or 9th of June for one of those dates. They guy whos working on it said that their european manager has to get back with more details.

Got the album today myself, and I'm really enjoying it.

Got the album today myself, and I'm really enjoying it.
    I never thought i'd see ya say that bout a korn album :D:D:D

Good to see that you liked it karl :)

Hey Beekay did you get the rest of teh songs? eg no ones there, thoughtless?

Beekay wrote:
    I never thought i'd see ya say that bout a korn album :D:D:D

Well seeing as I was so impressed with the first video, is it that much of a surprise? I suppose it is kinda though.

Good to see that you liked it karl :)

Hey Beekay did you get the rest of teh songs? eg no ones there, thoughtless?

i remember seein the vids for them somewhere, can't remember where though!!!:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Their on kornspace.com I have them I was just wondering had you got them .:) Is the album out over here? I will probably buy it if it is.

Advertisement