Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideal distance away from a 37" lcd tv

Options
  • 29-01-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭

whats the ideal distance away from a 37" tv

i sit 3 meters away from my 32" tv

cant go back any further

so would 3 meters be ok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I remember reading somewhere that the optimal viewing distance was 5 times the diagonal measurement of the screen so for a 32" try 4 metres and for a 37" try 4.7 metres.

/Edit If you can't get back any further it's largely acedemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

For projectors some say about 1.5 times the screen width, but really i think its a personal thing, and really depends on what you're comfortable with yourself. It's true further back you are the less resolution of the content or screen will be a factor, but 9 or 10 feet would be fine for me for 37" picture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Hagar wrote:
    I remember reading somewhere that the optimal viewing distance was 5 times the diagonal measurement of the screen so for a 32" try 4 metres and for a 37" try 4.7 metres.

/Edit If you can't get back any further it's largely acedemic.

3 meteres is perfect for 37. I can vouch for this at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tred wrote:
    3 meteres is perfect for 37. I can vouch for this at home.
    thanks tred ,eolhc and Hagar for the advice

Advertisement