Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help getting rid of a psycho flatmate

Options
  • 29-01-2007 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I found a small two bedroom apartment on the south side with my current flatmate. What I didn't know is she was psycho. The living situation has become intolerable and apparently she though so as well as she notified me that she was looking for new accommodation in early January.

Where's the problem then? Well, she's saying it's going to take her over three months to find a new place and I think that is unacceptable. So I told her that she has until February 28th to move out. She's refusing to recognise this and is becoming more anti social everyday... real war of the roses kind of senario.

Now, I am the only person on the lease and all the bills are in my name. She has never paid any rent or deposit to the Landlord and as I understand it she is legally a "paying guest" and I could throw her out tomorrow if I wanted.

Question is: If she decides to drag this out and refuse to leave how do I have this person and their belongings removed from my apartment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Has this person paid any rent to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gorgeousjunkie

Yes. Paid rent to me directly and I sub let the room to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gorgeousjunkie

Effectively she is a "Licensee" and is not covered by the Private Residential Tenancies Act according to the Private Residential Tenancies Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would give her notice in writing that you want her to leave before the data you mentioned. Do this as soon as possible

She will probably relent in the end.

If this really looks like it's going to turn into a confrontation, I think you are going to need to talk to a solicitor before the notice expires and before you take any action.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Question is: If she decides to drag this out and refuse to leave how do I have this person and their belongings removed from my apartment?
    You have to give her notice. If she deon't move out, you basicly need to go to court to evict her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement