Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To our councillers...

Options
  • 29-01-2007 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Recently, we have seen a number of cars vandalised in the Park'n'Ride car park. Since Greystones is a dormitory town, and the car park is so important to so many of its residents; and since it is so heavily used;, and since its use is in line with government policy to encourage public transport to alleviate the road congestion problem; what (specifically) is being done to enhance security in the car park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Unless your councillors in Greystones are untypical, I'd say you'd be better making a direct approach or writing a letter to them. I'd have a feeling that they don't spend much time on Boards and if they do, they wouldn't take an anonymous post like yours too seriously (absolutely no disrespect intended!) i.e. they won't be able to come after you for a vote if they can sort the problem.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

To my knowledge, George Jones has already highlighted the requirement of increased security in the P&R facility and I presume is pursuing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Avns1s wrote:
    Unless your councillors in Greystones are untypical, I'd say you'd be better making a direct approach or writing a letter to them.
    Writing a letter might be possible, but the people who use the Park'n'Ride every day, unless they have a more forgiving work schedule, won't be back home in time to catch the councillors before they go home. Me, I'm rarely, if ever, home before 2000h. And I'm not the last out of the car park either. It's a reality of life in a dormitory town - councilors ought to be seeking ways to adapt to it, not asking us to adapt to them!
    I'd have a feeling that they don't spend much time on Boards
    *cough*marinathread*cough*
    and if they do, they wouldn't take an anonymous post like yours too seriously (absolutely no disrespect intended!) i.e. they won't be able to come after you for a vote if they can sort the problem.;)
    See, that'd be a reason for me not to vote for them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tomflynn

Sparks wrote:
    ...but the people who use the Park'n'Ride every day, unless they have a more forgiving work schedule, won't be back home in time to catch the councillors before they go home. Me, I'm rarely, if ever, home before 2000h. And I'm not the last out of the car park either. It's a reality of life in a dormitory town - councilors ought to be seeking ways to adapt to it, not asking us to adapt to them!

Sounds like a bit of a moan. I'm not necessarily a fan of all the councillors policies/proposals/pet projects but our local councillors live in Greystones, and having successfully campaigned for the Dart & park and ride, now use it on their way to and from WORK in Dublin (George Jones and Derek Mitchell... just like you). Maybe you could....email, ring, write or perhaps, if they are also free having also got a dart home could organise a meeting (maybe even on the Dart).....instead of posting anonymous posts moaning about an issue that they may not be aware of.

Incidentally CCTV is a matter for An Garda Siochana and is funded by the Dept. of Justice. You should really be raising it with full-time elected politicians in power ... like your local Minister.

Maybe you could....email, ring, write or perhaps, if they are also free having also got a dart home could organise a meeting
    Yeah, because I have loads of free time to do a council's work for it. Just like all these other people who are just bursting with free time and who are hoarding it all like misers.
    :rolleyes:

By the way - a bit of a moan? Wait until some little thug smashes your car windows, then set the example of not complaining that you want us to follow, and then you get to decide to call valid complaints moaning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Sparks, this is the second time someone has suggested that you could ring, write or e-mail the councillors and you've replied to say you have no time.

Perhaps spending some of the time you would have spent posting anonymously here would be better served firing off an e-mail that they will definitely get. Also as it wouldn't be anonymous (unless you use an anonymous e-mail address too), they are more likely to respond.

There is seriously no point complaining here, then saying the council takes no heed of what's going on.

Contacting the Council or its councillors to raise an issue isn't doing their work for them, it's raising their awareness. Or are you just going to wait until someone else does it for you and in the meantime just keep putting up with the broken glass?

If they can post here for the Marina thread mike, what's the problem with posting here for other stuff? You haven't been going around banning councilors, have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

If you must know, only one councillor and one former councillor have posted here.

And following the way the marina threads went, I doubt the current councillor will be back too often, if at all.

And yes, I have waved my banning stick in the direction of public representatives in the past. No one is safe, Sparks... No one ;)

Advertisement