Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3x13 Taking a Break from All Your Worries

• 29-01-2007 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

New episode just landed on my doorstep. Damn the yanks cant half ship stuff quickly through dhl/fedex.

Meant to be a good ep from what i have heard.

This weeks episode was 37 votes

5 - It was amazing!
    0% 0 votes
    4 - It was great!
    21% 8 votes
    3 - It was okay...
    48% 18 votes
    2 - It was crap!
    27% 10 votes
    1 - I'd rather watch Cornation street >:|
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Where's the poll :p 2 weeks till next one said at the end of it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

A filler episode - Hardly worth the bandwidth used to get it. The scenes with Baltar were great but the Kara/Anders-Lee/Dee plot needs to be cut from the series no wonder ratings are falling... more Sci-Fi less Soapland story lines required.

Here's a link to the extended version of the Roslyn and Caprica scene at the end of the episode. (courtesy of YouTube)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

OP can you edit the topic and include [SPOILERS]
    I thought that was an amazing episode 10/10
    One thing they should have well cut one of those lee cara starbuck sanders scenes and put in the deleted scene i feel sorry for those that just watch tv and wont get to see it.

Great baltar torture scenes and is geta the cylon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MiloFoxburr

User45701 wrote:
    OP can you edit the topic and include [SPOILERS]
    I thought that was an amazing episode 10/10
    One thing they should have well cut one of those lee cara starbuck sanders scenes and put in the deleted scene i feel sorry for those that just watch tv and wont get to see it.

Great baltar torture scenes and is geta the cylon?

Pretty sure episode topics don't require spoilers as its generally assumed people have seen the episode if they are reading about. Might be different in this section though.

Really enjoyed most of this episode the Lee Starbuck crap really needs to stop but the Baltar scenes made up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I added in the poll (yet again ;) ) for all the people who like voting :)

• Advertisement

Cheers Praetorian, what did you think of the episode yourself?
    Pretty sure episode topics don't require spoilers as its generally assumed people have seen the episode if they are reading about. Might be different in this section though.

Really enjoyed most of this episode the Lee Starbuck crap really needs to stop but the Baltar scenes made up for it

Ye i agree but i have been moaned at for posting in a topic about an episode but the title didn't include spoilers so someone moaned when i talked about the episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

good epiosde but they seriously need to get rid of the crap lee/starbuck storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Very good episode with the exception as stated above of the Lee/Starbuck stuff!!!! Torture Baltar more !!!!
    I reckon Geata is a cylon and Baltar said that to him, causing the attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

User45701 wrote:
    Ye i agree but i have been moaned at for posting in a topic about an episode but the title didn't include spoilers so someone moaned when i talked about the episode

I wish they'd feck off. It's really annoying having to put every post in spoiler tags and it means you can't tell the difference between what's a "spoiler" for something you've already seen and what's a real spoiler that you really don't want to read.

I voted okay. The PrettyBoy/Lesbian/BoringGirl/JockItch storyline really dragged the episode down. I'm guessing they have it because REAL SPOILER:
    Starbuck is leaving the show this season so they want to finally answer the Lee/Kara? question

I liked the Baltar torture stuff. Baltar and Six could read the phonebook to each other and it'd be riveting. I think people are starting to pity Baltar because they're realising he's a total nutjob.

I think Roslin has taken a serious amount of Prozac this week. She's walking around like she's high on something and she's practically letting Baltar off the hook despite throwing people out airlocks for looking at her the wrong way mere weeks earlier.

Interesting scene with Baltar waking up in a resurrection chamber with Six at the start. It would have been so cool if it was real although it was obvious it wasn't both for the timing of it (It's very unlikely they'd have revealed it at that moment) and for Six being there in the first place. The Final Five wouldn't be much of a huge secret if they woke up in the same resurrection area as the other 7 cylons every time they downloaded :)

The editing for the Caprica Six/Roslin bit at the end was terrible. It was like someone cut and spliced it at the very last second. From the clip on Youtube, it does seem like it was moved from earlier in the episode to the end of the episode. I thought my US cousins had let one of their children loose to pull the tape out of the video cassette and did a bad job of winding it all back in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Hmm.... I'm undecided about the episode. On the one hand we have the Baltar, Roslin(Jesus, that woman can shout!) Doc, Tigh and Odama storyline which was brilliant, and on the other we have the relationship nonsense with Lee, Kara and their respective other halfs who's names I can't remember just this minute. I really wish they'd finish that arc up, it's just so boring, and the fact that I'm none too fond of the character of Lee doesn't really help, either.

The whole episode could've been about Baltar et al, and it would've been superb, but they had to throw that rubbish into it, didn't they?:mad:

Where the hell did that pub come from all of a sudden, too?

• Advertisement

Where the hell did that pub come from all of a sudden, too?

Same place as the boxing ring I'd imagine. Someone on Galactica has one hell of a very large ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Brilliant episode,10/10.
    They have really turned the show around the last 2 episodes after the dip in quality.
    Baltar is truly a great character.
    Really powerful score in this episode,well edited and action packed.
    2 week break though ..:mad:

****, Stark i read that spoiler by mistake **** ****e now i have to go to work thinking about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

gandalf wrote:

I've suspected him since "33"

what in 33 gave it away?

I suspected him myself more for gut feeling

also the debate over did he or did he not hand sharren the gun to shoot the old man in "Kobol's Last Gleaming Part II"

gandalf wrote:
    Batlar wouldn't have known if Gaeta was a cylon or not. I reckon it's more likely that Baltar reminded him of what they got up to after one too many Tequillas ;)

Id say baltar took a stab in the dark and hit right on target,
    what did they do after Tequillas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

The Baltar scenes were superb, as always, and i was impressed with Roslin and Adama, but if i have to watch Apollo cry in one more scene i think i'm going to puke. I thought the whole "love square" brought the episode down a lot.

ye i think they are putting too much into the square but it will probbley all end (im assuming this based on the episode name only!!!) Episode 14 Name :
    The Woman King

EDIT: Actually it might not be about starbuck it could be about either Dee or Caprica

EDIT II: Actually regarding who the cylon is what about Adama? Leobans are odd balls they believe the words of the hybrid, and a Leoban did say "Commander Adama is a cylon" i know at the time we just assumed he was fracking with El Prez.

EDIT III: (Yes i am bored in work) I just remembered noone has pointed out that when attacking Baltar, Geata actually said FcUK instead of frak, i played it back a 2nd time last nite to be sure.

EDIT IV: ye i know, i know, when im in work my mind tends to drift to BSG... Anyway ye what ever happened to boxy? was he originally meant to be a cylon then they just thought it was too obvious and wrote him out of the show?

If you could choose who you wanted to be the cylon who would you choose? Id like it to be Geata but i want the end to me more like "No Fracking way i never suspected it was hm/her" if its
    geata
    el prez
    adama
    tigh
    billy
    dee
    starbuck
    Anders -EdiT-
    there will be loads of posts here of people saying i knew it was him/her!

actually after that list they actually implicate everyone don't they? the two who have not been implicated are anders and Lee and the only one of them who Deana/Three/Zena have met is Anders so he gets moved to the list now EDIT...
    Ok so the only person who it has not been hinted at is Lee Adama. So is it him? how could it be he was physically born!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

firstly: damn you stark, DAMN YOU TO HELL! and damn me for not paying attention to the "real spoiler" bit, but i'm pretty sure i'm the victim here......

anyway, very good episode, baltar and head6 basically made the show, but good preformances from Adam, tigh and roslin as well.

I didn't find the whole love-square thing so bad this week, mainly because as the episode progressed it seems to me that they were getting ready to tie off this bloody stump of a plot arc, and that made it more tolerable. I'm hoping it stops featuring as much from now on.

And giving baltar his trial, given the parallels between new caprica and the insurgency in Iraq, what do people think of this being some sort of allegory for the saddam trial. Or is that just too bloody obvious?

And where are they going with geata, essentially stopping baltar from hanging himself, and then an attempt to kill him, he's probably not a cylon, but i get the feeling that something happened on new caprica, something that made geata become a double agent, possibly out of guilt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Stark wrote:
    Batlar wouldn't have known if Gaeta was a cylon or not. I reckon it's more likely that Baltar reminded him of what they got up to after one too many Tequillas ;)

I have to agree with this. Also, go to google video and find the 3rd gag reel. What kara said is a bit of a supprise, but it is making sense now. her drawings as a child ect ect.

I watched it again last night and a couple of things struck me which I didn't pick up on during the first viewing.

1 - Baltar has no idea that Caprica Six is on the Galactica. Nevermind the fact that she's going to be the chief witness for the prosecution at his trial.

2 - The reason Gaeta went postal with Baltar is to do with something that happened on New Caprica. Baltar had one of those moments of clarity where he somehow pulls the needle out of the hay stack to save his own skin. He said something about it being one thing to collaborate with the Cylons as a human but it's much worse to betray your own kind. I can't remember the exact phrase used (it was late and I was tired), but to me it suggested that Gaeta betrayed people from his own colony or more likely former Galactica staff during the occupation. He could have given the Cylons a list of names as to the likely members of the insurgency when it first began and out of guilt he started feeding intelligence information to Tyrol. I'm probably way off but if I am right then expect Baltar to implicate Gaeta during his trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Great episode. The Baltar / Roslin scenes were riveting :)

Shame about the weeks break :/

Week's break? Ah feckitty. Why do they keep doing this to us.

It's Super Bowl Sunday this weekend, so every channel apart from HBO will screen repeat episodes of series on Sunday so as not to affect their precious ratings.

Talisman wrote:
    I watched it again last night and a couple of things struck me which I didn't pick up on during the first viewing.

1 - Baltar has no idea that Caprica Six is on the Galactica. Nevermind the fact that she's going to be the chief witness for the prosecution at his trial.

2 - The reason Gaeta went postal with Baltar

HA! going postal thats a good one but i like O'niell ones the best
    "A few fries short of a happy meal"

Actually ye you are right baltar does not know about caprica on the ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Not a great ep IMHO. Laura's shouting at Balthar seemed out of character and unconvincing. She's a lot more threatening and dangerous when she's calm and under control.
    As someone commented the editing for the whole ep seemed disjointed and kind of random.

As regards spoilers - thanks for making the effort everyone. As per my understanding of the charter for this forum: Things that happen in the ep under discussion do not require spoilers. Things relating to future eps do.

I suggest we start a seperate thread for the discussion of who the final five are?

well as long as we are not talking about events that happened in this episode in rapture we are ok. any discussion from future episodes should be spoiled but speculation about who the final 5 are is VERY relavent to each episode.

Also has it occurred to anyone that all 5 of the final 5 are in the civilian fleet and that Deana/Three/Zena happened to only know the face of 1 of them?

It wasn't clear if she recognised all their faces or not. It was only clear that one of them was extremely significant to her. Good call on the all 5 remaining cylons being in the fleet. I wonder if this is still accurate or did Boomer just make up a number on the spot. She shouldn't know about the identities of the final Five as none of the cylons do but then again, she was delving deep into a part of her subconcious that she wasn't supposed to be able to access anyway.

• Advertisement

the cylons all know that there is only 12 models and then god/the creator
    ye deana/three/zena did recongise one of the final five as one of the humans who she had interatcion with, so like i said it could be

geata
    el prez
    adama
    tigh
    Anders

they are the only ones she would know well to see any others as in someone she only saw one or twice in passing would not hae a reaction like that.\

Want to know why i didn't include starbuck this time?
    When did starbuck and deana interact? name the episode? i cant think of a time when they interacted besides MAYBE in passing when Deana was on galactica as the reporter

The number you are refering to that boomer gave baltar i dont quite understand that myself, we know 7 models and those 7 models dont know what the final 5 look like so that means when sharren said 8 that ment 8 copes of the 7. Starting season two episode 4 so....

208- Final cut (Deana) - 7 left
    220- Lay down your burdens part II (brother cahel) - 6 left

So that means there are actually 5 left? that seems like an odd coincidence

User45701 wrote:
    Want to know why i didn't include starbuck this time?
    When did starbuck and deana interact? name the episode? i cant think of a time when they interacted besides MAYBE in passing when Deana was on galactica as the reporter
    I disagree. Why would they have had to interact on-screen in episodes past, for Deanna to give a reaction like that?

Deanna (and indeed all the other models) would have been well aware of the "special torture" that Kara was under at the hands of Leoben on New Caprica for nearly 3 months! This alone is a big enough of a reason for Deanna giving the reaction she did, if upon discovering that Kara was one of the Five (which for the record, I hope she isn't :))

she would have know about it but would she have even cared or even looked at here once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

If I have to put up with more of this Apollo/Starbuck crap I'm going to stop watching it, which is a pity as its my favourite show and has been since the mini-series.
    Other than that, great episode.

User47501 wrote:
    when sharren said 8 that ment 8 copes of the 7.

Let's see. 8 remaining.

Sharon: discovered
    Six: discovered
    Leoben: discovered
    Dural: discovered

So that leaves Three, Simon and Cavil yet to be discovered. For them to go unnoticed, they'd have to pretend they were 2 sets of identical twins and identical triplets or something. It's pretty unlikely that they'd get away with that.

User45701 wrote:
    she would have know about it but would she have even cared or even looked at here once?
    No, of course Deanna wouldn't have cared because at the time Kara was just another human as far as Deanna was concerned. And then later Deanna discovers that Kara is one of the Five (still hypothetically speaking of course) and reacts / apologises to her for turning a blind eye to her suffering.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Okay, I'm going to spoiler this seeing as it includes a major spoiler and my thoughts on it. It's about the major spoiler that Stark revealed(Damn him and damn my stupid habit of highlighting text)

If Starbuck is a cylon, she'd always be in the show, i.e. popping up every episode I'd say, but seeing as she is leaving the show, and not even appearing in the credits, it seems very unlikely that she is a cylon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The writers are going to have to be very careful about who the final 5 cylons are .
    I hope they dont pull a non plausible twist and reveal someone to be a Cylon when it doesnt make sense.
    And as for that major spoiler it is not confirmed.
    Starbuck does not appear in the last 3 episodes of Series 3 but these episodes were filmed when Katee Sackhoff was off filming a movie.
    She may very well be back in season 4.

Stark wrote:
    Let's see. 8 remaining.

Sharon: discovered
    Six: discovered
    Leoben: discovered
    Dural: discovered

So that leaves Three, Simon and Cavil yet to be discovered. For them to go unnoticed, they'd have to pretend they were 2 sets of identical twins and identical triplets or something. It's pretty unlikely that they'd get away with that.

No wait

when sharen said there are 8 cylons left in the fleet they had already foured fural and the other sharen so that does not count.

After sharen said 8 left they found
    1. Deana
    2. Cavil
    3. ? did they find a 3rd? Leoban and Doral had already been discovered in season one and they circulated pics of the known cylons.

I know what about 6? the six who appeared in season 1's episode "six degrees of separation" they could all see her and she escaped and the have found a six in there fleet only on pegasus so that six might still be alive hiding somewhere in the fleet? or was the fact that they all saw six in that episode was "an act of god" ?

Damm this complex show

Anyway there is either 5 or 6 cylons left in the fleet.
    We can assume that all 5 of the final five are hidden in the fleet somewhere? right? we know one of them is a key character but we dont even know if those final five are included in the number that sharen gave.

If any cylon knew that some of the final five where in the fleet they would not have seek to destoy them. Its possible like mentioned above that sharen just made up a number to save Tirrell.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Just to toss something else into the mix.... didn't they say that the cyclons were not *copies* of humans but completely new and not based on anyone specific.

If thats true then people who have a long public career couldnt be some of the final 5 (or else they have been implausibly long sleeper agent!). I just dont see that happening. It would have to be someone who cannot be traced back too far past the invasion I think.... or am I wrong?

DeV.

DeV

What they ment by not copes of humans was that its not possible for Adama (or anyone) to be human AND have a cyon copy.

The 12 cylons are cylons and atleat one of them is a key member of the fleet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great episode, even if I did have to watch it on a tiny 0.8" screen...

Pretty much just repeating everyone else but that Love square is getting beyond simply annoying, it makes me want to skip entire sections of the show. At the very least, they could have thrown us a bust up between Anders and Lee, to give it some mild interest. I truly hope this weeks episode is by and large the end of most of it at this stage.

I don't think Geata is a Cylon personally, but I do think he probably did something terrible back on New Caprica that led him to act double agent to ease the guilt...

And Baltar.....that man deserves a medal, to be honest. At this stage, he alone is propping up the entire show at increasingly common times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Anti wrote:
    I have to agree with this. Also, go to google video and find the 3rd gag reel. What kara said is a bit of a supprise, but it is making sense now. her drawings as a child ect ect.

What did she say, its 13 minutes long and my bandwidth aint great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Procrastinator

Talisman wrote:
    A filler episode - Hardly worth the bandwidth used to get it. The scenes with Baltar were great but the Kara/Anders-Lee/Dee plot needs to be cut from the series no wonder ratings are falling... more Sci-Fi less Soapland story lines required.

Here's a link to the extended version of the Roslyn and Caprica scene at the end of the episode. (courtesy of YouTube)

Yeah, the execution of this plot isn't good, but I like the idea of it - betrayal. Trouble is that Kara's vascilated so much at this stage, and Lee now looks so weak, that I don't care what happens to them. I know we were supposed to be shocked at Lee sending his wife on a possibly fatal mission to recover Kara, but I couldn't get enthused about it. I'm geting tired of their continually revolving story...possibly as tired as the two characters look of the whole scenario now.
    So yes, I agree...please writers just get on with it. More episodes like the fourth of this series. PLEASE

I do think that Baltar and six, both now on galactica, have an intersting journey ahead of them. I'd like to see Six betraying Baltar, with another man possibly Geta...would drive Baltar over the edge...again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

good episode....is it just me (had to check twice) but when they were dragging baltar out of the cell did he say mothorfu*king instead of the frack word, it sure sounded like that anyways. Less love (lee/carrie) and more war! :-)

he might of
    i know "fcuk you" was said by geata to baltar as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

AntiRip wrote:
    good episode....is it just me (had to check twice) but when they were dragging baltar out of the cell did he say mothorfu*king instead of the frack word, it sure sounded like that anyways. Less love (lee/carrie) and more war! :-)

no, it was mother fracken.

Advertisement