Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kharazan

Options
  • 29-01-2007 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Just did Kharazan for the first time last night and I must say I'm hugely impressed with it. It's great looking, the bosses are challenging but fun, even the trash can be challenging at times. My only problem with it is the amount of trash you gotta go through, but even then it doesn't take long to get from one boss to another.

Did the first 4 bosses but the one that stood out the most was the Wizard of Oz boss in the Opera event, I know it's only a trivial boss not even halfway through the instance but the execution of it reminded me of fights like C'thun and 4 Horsemen. Really was satisfying getting them down. The loot's not bad, though alot of the items have comparable blues from some of the 5-mans.

Anyone else have a go yet? I'd like to hear of others opinions on it/interesting bosses they fought if they did different ones. (we did Attunmen, Moroes, Maiden of Virtue, and Wizard of Oz)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

We've done Attunmen and Moroes.

We one shotted Attunmen cos we had people who knew what they were doing and a good group setup.. I enjoyed that fight, Midnight is too cool :P

Took us about 8 tries to down Moroes, having 2 priests helps LOADS with 2 shackles.. annoying problem was having the npc paladin dispelling the shackles.. got dodgy a few times with that..

First two bosses I've done have been interesting, here's hoping theres more inginuty to come

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Bah, still not 70. Only 68.

How's the standard of Kharazan? Challenge-wise that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I've had loads of time to level still being on holidays from college which meant that I got ahead of the leveling mass. Impressed some people with my healing in 5 mans at 70 and got myself invited to a Naxx guild. Starting up in Kharazan next week, starting to farm the heroic mode instances this week. Judging by the standards of the instances I've seen so far, I can't fookin wait for Karazan. One of the best things about it I think will be the fact that its only a 10 man. Not only will it be easier to get groups together for, which is a big problem for guilds starting up, but because it's smaller the slackers will really show. I always found it harder to tell who was slacking in 40 mans because of the amount of people. I think now, the skilled players will shine and the not so skilled players will be revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

heroic instances hurt the face :/

Have taken down the first boss and omor with our typical group, druid tank (me) 2 rogues, enhancement shaman and a priest. Lots of difficulties with such a melee heavy group. Need to mix in some ranged dps i think. Furhter complications on the dragon boss due to the lack of good itemisation for FR gear and also my lack of defensive stance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

• Advertisement

First guild attempt today. Downed the first boss with no difficulty, had a bit of trouble on Moroes because the lack of shackles and a bit of server lag. Trying again tomorrow, hopefully we'll get him.

Having two or three priests even on Moroes is so handy..

Also the Romeo and Juliet intro is my biggest "this is AWESOME" moment since the Indiana Jones event in Uldaman! True story!

I usually play with out sound and music to maxamise my fps and so I can listen to music, but ill make sure to have it enabled for that encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"All the better to own you with"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

DRakE wrote:
    Having two or three priests even on Moroes is so handy..

Also the Romeo and Juliet intro is my biggest "this is AWESOME" moment since the Indiana Jones event in Uldaman! True story!
    indiana jones event?? how the hell did i miss this?? more info please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

splinter wrote:
    indiana jones event?? how the hell did i miss this?? more info please

the staff and the amulet in the little model city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

First time you get to see a ??? boss, and he is frickin' HUUUUGE!!!
    ah the good old days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

Karazhan is nice in terms of bosses and drops.

But believe me the trash is awful, when a boss bugs out and you have to soft reset and clear again you will hate it.

Then there are magic immune mobs and all of that. Plus trash respawns within an hour or so, makes learning the later bosses terrible.

We have cleared to the Prince now and I actually hate the place due to the trash, and no longer want to do it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

cance wrote:
    the staff and the amulet in the little model city.
    ahh yeah, remember it now...ahh i remember the first time i saw the boss in WC....mmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

So ehh, we finished clearing all the normal bosses tonight and summoned Nightbane. Let's just say he's crazy hard. On the ground he's your normal dragon fight tank and spank, then he takes off... and you're dead! Fun 8)))

We've got Prince to 30%.. more tries tonight! :D

For some reason we've had a stream of bad luck the last few runs. On our third attempt, for some silly reason our raid id got swapped with someone elses who had cleared up untill the opera part. We were going to try the third boss with just one warrior that day because the second warrior couldn't make it. Then today again we had no warriors because of their exams. Hopefully we'll get one run in tomorrow befor it resets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Currently on Aran atm. Mental note don't battle res someone into flamewreath and wipe your raid...

The new buffed Illhoof seems tough also however wtb Aran down so we can use the port at Barns.

princedown.jpg

Also one shotted Shade of Aran ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Shade of Aran seems pretty straightforward, its mainly about knowing the fight and concentration. Not being complete retards, helps loads too :p

But grats on Malchezaar ;)

• Advertisement

Lagtheridon is down again, for about th 5th night in a row. Our ****ty server lag is really putting our progress in karazhan to a halt. Been trying to try the curator since Friday now. :(

Advertisement