Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ext. Hard Drive Crashing Laptop

• 29-01-2007 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hello all, I am having a problem with my external hard drive. Anytime I plug it in and access a folder on the drive it crashes windowas explorer. Has anyone experienced this before? The HD is a seagate 320Gb, and I have a dell latitude PC> i have tried deleting and reinstalling the USB drivers as well as looking on the Seagate website for support. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    John

p.s. It only appear to crash on my laptop as I have tried on a few other machines.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is it only the one folder though? or any folder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

It's mainly one folder, which crashes every time I open it.However now some of the other folder are starting to cause expolrer to crash as well.

Advertisement