Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Fifth Round Draw

• 29-01-2007 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/6308193.stm

The numbers :

1 Arsenal or Bolton
    2 Watford
    3 Bristol City or Middlesbrough
    4 Chelsea
    5 Ipswich
    6 Tottenham
    7 Plymouth
    8 Reading
    9 Derby
    10 Manchester City
    11 Preston
    12 Manchester United
    13 Blackpool or Norwich
    14 Blackburn
    15 West Bromwich Albion
    16 Fulham

Who would you like to see your team get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

As a Manchester United fan, I would like to see a home tie agains Chelsea, Spurs or the winners of the Bolton \/ Arsenal game. Would be nice to have one last go at Arsenal, or knock out Chelsea early (we're gonna meet them anyway). Any of those ties away from home wouldnt be nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Would like to see a non-premiership team for Arsenal.

Preston at home, but they will have to get over bolton first.

jank wrote:
    Preston at home, but they will have to get over bolton first.

big task for Arsenal I feel. In some ways they were lucky to draw, but I think it was a fair result. The game in the Reebok Stadium will be a different kettle of fish.

Just curious as to why you'd take Preston (who are joint 2nd in the Championship and doing really well) over the likes of Plymouth, West Brom, Ipswichm, Norwich or Blackpool??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Winner of Arsenal/Bolton will get Chelsea, United or Spurs away. Blackburn or Bolton if they're really lucky.

Arsenal missed a chance against Bolton at the Emirates, they were the better team and should have turned them over. They'll have to end the 'hoodoo' at some point, maybe it'll be at the Reebok in the cup. Won't be easy with all the injuries and fixture pile-up mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Trilla wrote:
    As a Manchester United fan, I would like to see a home tie agains Chelsea, Spurs or the winners of the Bolton \/ Arsenal game. Would be nice to have one last go at Arsenal, or knock out Chelsea early (we're gonna meet them anyway). Any of those ties away from home wouldnt be nice

I like your confidence ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Hmm Preston away for Man City. Could have been better, but could have been worse. Would take a replay and get them back to Eastlands.

Full Draw
    Chelsea v Blackpool or Norwich
    Watford v Ipswich
    Preston v Man City
    Plymouth v Derby County
    Man Utd v Reading
    Arsenal or Bolton v Blackburn
    Bristol City or Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion
    Fulham v Tottenham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Winner of Arsenal/Bolton will get Chelsea, United or Spurs away. Blackburn or Bolton if they're really lucky.

Is Big Fat Sam's squad big enough to put out two teams in the cup? ;):p

Chelsea and Manchester United get a home draw for the third successive time...surely one of them will reach the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

theyll play each other before the final id say and Chelsea will get the home draw for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Another home draw for United, but another Premiership club too.
    Chelsea with yet another lower league team, they are being handed the cup...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

At least its a home draw for arsenal provided they beat bolton of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I kinda wanted to avoid chelsea as long as possible. Currently, with the way they are playing, a weaker premiership team could probably catch them unawares, while against United, they might raise their game.

Arsenal/Bolton vs. Blackburn is gona be a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Can't believe Chelski got another handy tie..........How much did they pay for that.........:p

Another home tie for Utd against Reading........Utd need to be careful as Reading have played well against us this season.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Another non event. Apart from a couple of games in the third round Liverpool V Arsenal and Man Utd v Villa it most be the worst FA Cup in history.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Is Big Fat Sam's squad big enough to put out two teams in the cup? ;):p
    Arf, Bolton, Fulham, white kits confuse me... :p

I find myself unsurprised by the draw once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Can't believe Chelski got another handy tie..........How much did they pay for that

Here we go again, is there no end to these moronic statements :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

patmac wrote:
    Another non event. Apart from a couple of games in the third round Liverpool V Arsenal and Man Utd v Villa it most be the worst FA Cup in history.
    you seen them all then:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

Im happy with the draw. reading at home is ok. chelsea got lucky again. maybe
    hey will get knocked out who knows

Mad Dog wrote:
    Here we go again, is there no end to these moronic statements :mad:

Oh Im sorry forgot you had 2 tough ties at home to both Macclesfield and Forest........:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Given the way the ties are going with respect to a lot of all premiership ties - it looks like a good bet that a non premiership team will at least reach the final.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Any guesses for the televised games?

ManYoo and Arsenal (if they see off Bolton) will want to play Saturday because of their CL ties the following Tuesday (Blackburn play in UEFA the preceeding Wednesday so would suit them as well), I'm guessing the Beeb would take both games.

Of the remaining six:

Chelsea v Blackpool or Norwich
    Watford v Ipswich
    Preston v Man City
    Plymouth v Derby County
    Bristol City or Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion
    Fulham v Tottenham

My guess is PNE vs Citeh on the Beeb, Fulham vs Spurs on Sky.

Would think Utd's game would be an early ko on Sat as they play Tues away to Lille.....nothing confirmed as of yet........but from what i have heard it prob will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭blobert

Would think Utd's game would be an early ko on Sat as they play Tues away to Lille.....nothing confirmed as of yet........but from what i have heard it prob will

I hope not, I am hoping to go over and see it and would like to avoid the 6am flight if at all possible :)

Hopefully they won't rest too much of their first team for it either, what do you think?

Advertisement