Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 Rear Headrests

Options
  • 29-01-2007 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Can anyone tell me if the rear headrest on Peugeot 206 come as extra? I bought mine 2nd hand and there are none in the rear of the car?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

If the holes are in the top of the seats for them they should be there, if not that particular model doesn't come with them, usually the entry models don't come with them. I think new EU law means all cars sold in the last 2 or 3 years has to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

if there is holes in the seats for them it would of come with them from new but depending on when you bought it second hand if you did not point it out when dealing with the salesman and wanted them replaced as part of the deal then you probley have to replace them yourself or the garage will do it at your cost the person who had the car before probley took them out if they were folding the seats do or they blocked their rear view mirror its a common fault with spare keys people get the new car get the spare key put it up somewhere for safe keeping trade in the car and the spare key is in the safe keeping place and never gets moved untill its thrown out during a spring clean

tipsy mac is that law or new or second hand cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bamt

That is what I was afraid of. The person I bought it from bought it from another person. When they queried it they said they didn't have them. I was told that some driving instructors for the driving test will refuse to let you sit the test if they are missing. They think you took them out to see better and argue how will you be able to reverse if they are there... The holes are in the seats, so they must have been there at some stage... It is a 00 reg. Looks like I will have to go scavenging incase I get one of those instructors :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The rear view of the 206 is pretty restrictive with the rear head rests in the way. I would guess that one of the previous owners probably took them out of the car altogether and forgot to put them back in when they sold it.

You could try a local scrap yard, eBay or http://www.tranors.co.uk for second hand ones, just make sure the trim matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bamt

Thanks for that! Apparently the original owner said he didn't have them either, whatever that is all about :confused: I will try and get some for the test, but if I can't find some in the 2 weeks will just have to keep my fingers crossed that I don't come across the guy who is a stickler for this :( You are right though; it would be pretty restrictive with the rear head rests in place...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i took the rear headrests out of my clio when i bought it, the difference is great in a small car, i put them back in before is sold it on, they looked like new compared to the rest of the car

its a myth that they prevent whiplash

Advertisement