Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson k750i v K610i

• 29-01-2007 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

ok i want one of these phones currently i want the k610i more cos i think it looks nicer, its got basically the same as the k750i but with memory stick capability, anything the k750i has over the k610i?

both of them are available for €150 but the k750i is on meteor and the k610i is only available on 3 and I want to stay with meteor, so would it be possible to buy the phone on the 3 network and get it unlocked straight away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The K750i has a joystick that keeps breaking. :D

In fairness though, the K750i does have a light, which can come in handy. I prefer the K610i, though, because it's smaller, lighter, has 3G and it's a newer model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

draffodx wrote:
    ok i want one of these phones currently i want the k610i more cos i think it looks nicer, its got basically the same as the k750i but with memory stick capability, anything the k750i has over the k610i?

both of them are available for €150 but the k750i is on meteor and the k610i is only available on 3 and I want to stay with meteor, so would it be possible to buy the phone on the 3 network and get it unlocked straight away?

There isn't a huge deal to choose between the two. The k610 lacks the light/flash of the k750, however at the same time it does pack 3g. Nothing "wrong" with either phone as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I recently got a K610i on a free upgrade from 3. It's nice. It's small and light for a 3G phone and looks good. I have never used a K750i so can't compare.

Assuming a K610i can take a 2G SIM, you will need to go through some pain and cost to get it unlocked and generic firmware. I wouldn't see much point in using a 3G phone on a 2G network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

hhhmmm.....thought the k610i had a flash?

might just settle on the k750i then, not sure about it in red or black though, it looks like a bit of a brick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the k610 doesn't have a radio either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

k750i has auto focus k750i v K610i :)

the w810i looks like its pretty good but is it worth an extra €100?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yes draffodx, it is. Battery life is sweet, walkman features add to it and the screen is crystal. Camera seems to perform better also.

yeh i should go for it, screw it, just a few nights of drinking to sarcrifice :D

oh neither the k750i or the w810i have a flash do they? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Spondulick

K750i has a flash, as already stated by other posters. Not sure about the w800i, w means walkman so i doubt it will have a flash, but i have never used one so could be wrong.

Spondulick wrote:
    K750i has a flash, as already stated by other posters. Not sure about the w800i, w means walkman so i doubt it will have a flash, but i have never used one so could be wrong.

are ya sure? the website seems to think neither of them do, must look into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

K750i does not have a flash (it does have a crappy photo light, no comparison). You can buy a flash adapter though which works very well.

I've had mine a year and a half now and the only negative would be that the joystick gets a little unresponsive. Having the option of a radio, 2GB of music and a pretty good camera in one device is great.

Sarn wrote:
    K750i does not have a flash (it does have a crappy photo light, no comparison). You can buy a flash adapter though which works very well.

I've had mine a year and a half now and the only negative would be that the joystick gets a little unresponsive. Having the option of a radio, 2GB of music and a pretty good camera in one device is great.

hhhmmm a flash adapter sounds dodgy, how does that work? i assume its a wired device that just hangs lose on its own and isnt fitted onto the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

draffodx wrote:
    k610i more cos i think it looks nicer

the k610i is noway as cool as k750i.the k750i is one of the stylishy phones i ever seen tbh if you where going for coolness i would go for k750i but if you just want a newer phone go for k610i

Advertisement