Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my Magnet!

Options
  • 29-01-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello everyone.
    I want to share with you abut may experiences with magnet.
    I was with for almost a year with Digiweb Xtra 3/384, and beacuse the have 40gb limit cap i decided to switch to Magnet 8meg/512 with 150gb cap and new phone number.
    On the 8th i called them for subscribe.One the 24th i recived package with modem and reciver for tv.
    After i connected all this stuff to power supply there was nothing! completly DEAD.No internet,no TV ,no phone. Soo - i called to customer care. I was talking to the lady for 41mis.For most of this time i was listening some music from the speaker. She said me - im really really sorry, but ur phone line i still not activated (and i could make a calls to the old eircom`s phone number), and you will have to wait couple days for activation.
    Ok. Today is 29th and and for thank god i have connection. BUT.
    Crap TV (pixels and no sound)!!! 2meg/128kbit connection. I called the again. The guy in the phone said that there is lots of noises in the signal thats why i have 2meg/128,caused by problem form exchange side. May be wiring or something. But i was with Digiweb wie 3meg/384 and the connection was perfect and clear.
    They can send a technican to me to check for phone cabling but may cost me between 60-99 euros.I`m sorry but NO!!!.Nobody called me to inform that my line doesn`t handle 8 meg line. They just sent me hardware - that`s all.
    I will stay next couple days checking this,

After that story can abybody tell me,

Who the hell is that company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if you were able to get 3meg/384 fine with Digiweb over your phone line, and if your magnet service is using the same phoneline, and you have the same wiring on your end, then there is no technical reason to be getting less, unless the issue lies with magnets equipment, and if it does its up to them to fix it for free.

if they want to charge you money to callout then if the problem is found to be your fault then fair enough, however if they cannot find an issue in yoru house then they should refund that money, if they cannot fix the issue for you ( and it is an issue, and not a 'bad' line since you say you had perfect performance on digiweb ) then id insist that they cannot provide you with the service they advertised due to technical limitation on their equipment so you should be able to cancel without penalty and existing invoices cancelled for failure to provide said service, and transfer back to eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrooqie

when i downloading someting with full 2mbps (220kb/s) and i limit it to 150kb/s, and after that bring back to full speed - then transfer foc couple second rises up to 600-700kb/s and then falling down to 200-220kb.s after 20 seconds. so IMO that means my line is limited.

i`ll wait until monday for some fixes. if it won`t change to proper speed i`ll cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

Advertisement