Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good C++ coder out there ?

Options
  • 29-01-2007 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I am working on a new project on my freetime and I was wondering if somebody skilled on C++, GNOME, and UNIX BSD (OpenBSD to be precise) might be interrested to join ?

Basically we need to write some GUIs for GNOME, some programs and scripts for the shell, repackage some apps such as PostgreSQL, OpenLDAP etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

monosharp wrote:
    more info

PM sent, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

So you won't actually tell the rest of us who you're trying to recruit what this big secret project is then? So why, therefore, should we bother?

So you won't actually tell the rest of us who you're trying to recruit what this big secret project is then? So why, therefore, should we bother?

Yep you are totally right. My apologies.

http://www.matrice-in-motion.com

So no C++ coder ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Eh...I'm somewhat interested. PM me more details.

Khannie wrote:
    Eh...I'm somewhat interested. PM me more details.

Cool at last :-)

Initially I did not wanted to post the website link, afraid to be accused of spamming or so.

aidan_walsh was right so I posted the website link.

Basically what you have on the website is what I want to do and started to do.
    I was working with a great guy working at Sun, Moscow, but he has some personal issues so he gave up.

The thing is that I have not the means of paying one or 2 C++ coders, so whoever might be interested would have to be willing to share a little of his free time with me to build this product on our own.

Once we would have a beta version we could contact some Venture Capitalist you know, but I do not want to be eaten alive, I want a working product first, then the investment should come naturally because the concept has a lot of advantages compared to any Linux distribution. Even a Windows server...

I would be happy to discuss the future of this project with any good C++ coder that would be willing to start this thing with me and hopefully share the success.

Having saying that, feel free to contact me directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

mick.fr wrote:
    Yep you are totally right. My apologies.

http://www.matrice-in-motion.com

Anything more then just one webpage? Looks like something whipped up in 5 mins.

Sounds like your just tweaking linux to look slightly different and reselling it? Or am I missing something? If it was a serious rewrite of an OS you would want to be looking at more then 1-2 coders.

btw putting fake info into your Domain info can get it revoked. So be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

MIM is a company that has ...
    mick.fr wrote:
    Once we would have a beta version we could contact some Venture Capitalist ...

Sorry Mick but I didn't realise you were recruiting for a company. I thought this was an open source thing. I'm afraid this thread is being locked and will be deleted this evening. I'm leaving it here to explain the situation.

I've prevented other *regular* users from recruiting on the forum so I'll apply the same to this thread. My sincere apologies to those users, I'll be more vigilant in future.

<edit>

I'll leave it here for now, unlocked, while I'm dealing with this.

I'll clarify the situation regarding recruitment soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

To reiterate from a PM we had.

try sourceforge, or rentacoder. May help.

• Advertisement

Yeah I am sorry, I may have been unable to make myself very clear as I am not a native english speaker.

This is an open source project that I have in mind, and that I would like to start with one or two C++ coders. This is not a job offer, as I am starting this thing with nothing. It is like a business opportunity. Maybe I should have had posted in the "Business" forum.
    MIM is not even a company yet, just a website.

I just built a website quickly to provide some basic information about my idea and what has been done so far.

Plus I would love to do this thing with Irish people, for several reason, because I am pround to live in this country first, and also for communication convenience.

Please accept my apologies.

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

mick.fr wrote:
    Please accept my apologies.

Accepted. I'll let the thread stay.

Advertisement