Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Wireless Office - Watch Out

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

defib wrote:
    We have been billed from the time we moved - that is our O2 sim cards were working and Vodfaone were not - 33 DAYS

But when did you give notice? o2 has nothing to do with Vodafone (I hope you'll agree), so when did you give notice to Vodafone, and what cessation date did you give them then (2 different dates)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

If on a similar package plan with O2, do you seriously think the same think won't happen if you decide to move from O2??
    The same policy applies with both networks. And as for saving you 20%... Dont count on it. I have seen several O2 Bill analyses in my time and they tend to bend the truth a little. ie Not including items which may drive your bill up. These might included directory enquiries calls, texts, roaming etc.
    Talk to them about your additiional 5 days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

We have been billed from the time we moved - that is our O2 sim cards were working and Vodfaone were not - 33 DAYS

Should I make the text larger ? ? ?

Defib, I don't think Vodafone have done anything wrong - including your supposed extra 5 days.
    In the Ts & Cs it states that you have a rolling month on month contract, until you give 28 days notice to cancel said contract, this 28 days is not the most that you will pay, it is when they will stop renewing your contract.
    The way I read it this means that if you give notice on the 1st and your bill date is, for example the 27th, that you will not have given the required 28 days and will be billed for an additional month.
    So if anything you are lucky that your port date and bill date were so close together as you could legitimately have been billed for 27 days plus 1 month.

Also, as Urban_Weigl says, I would check that your contract has been cancelled as you have still not given Vodafone written notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 linryan

When you move to o2, o2 contact vodafone, tell them they are taking the numbers onto their network, thats how vodafone knew you were going. If your numbers are now active with o2 then you wont be getting anymore bills from Vodafone, you will be billed up until the date you ceased the line. The bill they sent you is for rental in lieu of the 28 days written notice you didnt give. The whole point of this charge is to deter people from leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

This is the process of moving numbers from one network to another. The whole system is regulated by ComReg (very strictly to prevent bad practice such as deliberately stopping a number being ported for reasons other than unpaid bills).

From the moment the "Port" request is submitted by the requester network, you have given notice to the donor network that you are cancelling your contract, this is the only instance where the notice and the cancellation are at exactly the same time. This then means that you are no longer required to give the 28 days notice.

However, you are still liable for the cancel contract fee should you still be in contract.

O2 gives a 14 day period to all customers that Port ON to the network to change their minds without penalty (i.e.they are not charged a cancel contract fee) as far as I'm aware they are the only network that allows this.

I understand that ComReg fines Donor Networks substantial amounts of money for not completing ports within 48 hours. One major Irish network (whom I won't name) had a really terrible time of it over Christmas but the requester network was the one the customers blamed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

lfc1892 wrote:
    From the moment the "Port" request is submitted by the requester network, you have given notice to the donor network that you are cancelling your contract, this is the only instance where the notice and the cancellation are at exactly the same time. This then means that you are no longer required to give the 28 days notice.

Is that in the Vodafone T&C? I couldn't see it in there anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

you won't find this in their T&cs. It is part of the regulations that govern full mobile number portability. You are still liable for the cancellation of the contract but not held to the 28 day notice.

For example, if you give 28 days notice of cancellation, at the end of that period your number is cancelled. This means the numbers ownership returns directly to the network for their re-use. At this stage you CANNOT move the number to another network as you no longer own it.

However, if you instruct another network to port your number over, your number remains live on the Donor Network until the port is completed, it then becomes live on the requester network. You are now cancelled from all services offered by your original network without need for notice.

ComReg control all of this and moniter it to ensure no anti competitive practices are used by Donor Networks. The only instance in which a Donor network can prevent the port is in the event of bad debt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

Just to update you all....

Got another bill from Vodafone for wait for it.......... another month. :mad:

This is taking the piss.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Ifc1892, is it not different if you have a business contract, i.e. more than one number.
    I thought in that case the contract was more strict than for an individual and notice was required. I could be wrong of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skary

Also - keep in mind that when you signed up you would have been paying a month in advance as well, so they keep that as your 28 days notice.. the only charges you should have received from them were calls in excess of your minutes for January. I have had many an argument with VF and their billing which is why I will never touch them again. Are you sure that there are no active numbers left on your old VF account? Its strange that they can generate a bill with no active numbers on their network. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement