Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes question

• 29-01-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭

Does anyone know how I can take all the songs off my friends ipod and copy them to my hard drive (without disturbing their ipod obviously)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Greener wrote:
    Does anyone know how I can take all the songs off my friends ipod and copy them to my hard drive (without disturbing their ipod obviously)?

Thanks

podutil is the program you need. google for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is podutil freeware? Ive downloaded a few "free" ipod copiers and most of them want you to upgrade/subscribe before it allows you copy data from your ipod. The free ones ive used so far are either shoite or caused my ipod to lose everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/getanapod.php

this is the one i use. the free download does the trick and its extremely easy to use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Nice one thanks, will try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yep..anapod is a great little piece of software..best $15 i ever spent..plus u get lifetime free upgrades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

all you need to do is browse to your ipod using explorer when its connected then when you have the folder open click view ont he toolbar then folder options make sure show hidden files is ticked. you should then be able to see a folder called ipod control then i think its the music folder there should then be 50 folder named 01 to 50 copy these then paste them to wherever you want themt o be on you pc.

when thast finished tell itunes to import that folder into itself

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

all you need to do is browse to your ipod using explorer when its connected then when you have the folder open click view ont he toolbar then folder options make sure show hidden files is ticked. you should then be able to see a folder called ipod control then i think its the music folder there should then be 50 folder named 01 to 50 copy these then paste them to wherever you want themt o be on you pc.

when thast finished tell itunes to import that folder into itself

Robbie's method works fine ...

But !!! .... make sure the ipod is set to manually sync tunes rather than auto sync,otherwise you may end up resyncing the ipod to the new PC and wiping it's contents.

i speak from experience ... :rolleyes:

one other thing, you don't need to copy and paste the ipod control folder before you import it. Tell iTunes to import directly from the ipod (after you have set the folder options to display the hidden files as specified by Robbie), this works fine and is one less step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

make sure the ipod is set to manually sync tunes rather than auto sync,otherwise you may end up resyncing the ipod to the new PC and wiping it's contents.

i speak from experience ... :rolleyes:

indeed but the very first time you power the ipod up on a pc this should be your frist step to switch that stupid auto sync off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

the manual way is the best,but it sure takes a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

the manual way is the best,but it sure takes a long time!

Ahhhhhh but we live n the automatic times :D . I was looking for this info aswell, thanks a lot lads.

Advertisement