Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draw and Transfers

Options
  • 29-01-2007 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Away to Fulham....could have been worse, could have been better, although with our away form these days, any game away from the lane proves to be very difficult !!

Does anybody predict any late comings or goings before Wednesday night !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Hatch99 wrote:
    Away to Fulham....could have been worse, could have been better, although with our away form these days, any game away from the lane proves to be very difficult !!

Does anybody predict any late comings or goings before Wednesday night !!

Very winnable. Though a draw would be ok and then take em back to the Lane.
    As you say could be better, could be worse.

As for Weds. I have a feeling it's going to be Crouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Fairly happy with the draw TBH, don't think Fulham are all that great but if we show them too much respect we could live to regret it. I'd be wary of Montella reaching full fitness before then.

As for transfers, I've learnt enough at this stage of things not to speculate any more. I'll believe it when I see player X in a white shirt...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Oh no not Crouch, dont say that...I have a feeling we will sign Bale but he will spend the rest of the season with Saints !! Apart from that, any other signing would probably be just a panic buy !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

Sky Sports News last night suggested that "sources" close to Bale are suggesting that he is to turn down a move to the Lane. I wouldnt be too disappointed if he did. 10Million for a 17 year old is a risk, look at Walcott, he's hardly set the world alight for the gooners since his transfer for big bucks.

I'd agree with that....€10 million for a 17 year old for our club is too much of a risk in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Well from the transfer window i expect a lot to happen but as usual nothing will .... i'd be very surprised if we announce any big signing if any at all !!

But i do hope i'm wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I'd be displeased if Mido left to be replaced by someone like Harewood.

Andrew 83 wrote:
    I'd be displeased if Mido left to be replaced by someone like Harewood.

Harewood? I thought Giles Barnes was definitely on the way from Derby for £3m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Harewood? I thought Giles Barnes was definitely on the way from Derby for £3m

I know it's all speculation but I was under the impression Newcastle were getting him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Looks like we've ended up with no-one .... how to make a truly crap night even better ..... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

We did get a 15 year old from QPR!!!

Parrett joins

So we strengthen the underage side of things again, whats the plan? Get a great reserve team together so we can rest the big guns in the Carling Cup in years to come? How many big guns will stick around without European football?

Advertisement